Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.101 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee, A-n-o-n

Shambling towards Humanity

for 8 år siden 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I take prozac and welbutrin for anxiety and depression. I don't like talking about my depression and I don't want the inevitable fuss that would come from telling my doctor that I have had suicidal thoughts .... but I have had those for more years than I can even remember ... as early as junior high school.

Right now, I am not terrific, but I am getting by
for 8 år siden 0 11226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Zagadka,

I am so sorry to hear how you have been feeling so down for so long. That sounds incredibly difficult. I am glad you have come her to look for support. Have you had a chance to check out the program yet? Any questions so far?

Also, have you talked to a doctor about how you have been feeling and your difficulty sleeping? Have you received any form of treatment for your depressive symptoms before? 
Ashley, Health Educator
for 8 år siden 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just a few things about me
  • I am 51 years old
  • I was laid off from a job I love on Aug 30
  • I live alone
  • I have few friends, and don't like to impose on them
  • I have been trying to manage my depression on my own for 25 years ... with little success
  • I have a dog
  • I was divorced nearly 5 years ago, but was only able to afford to move out from my ex three months ago
  • I enjoy books, movies, astronomy, and working
For the last week I feel like I have been trapped in the worst circumstances of my life. To sleep at night I have been using simple sleep aides (warm milk, gravol) but I have been finding that they don't let me fully wake up in the morning.
Not that waking up is any great treat. I have been getting up to about 5 or so minutes of dry heaves followed by taking the pooch for her walk. Honestly, my dog is the only reason I am keeping to any kind of schedule. 
Anyway, this feels like a last ditch effort to try to become a human being and I am not sure what happens if I can't improve myself. I need to find new work ... soon, but I need to be in a place where I can be useful to a new employer.

There is a quote that describes my predicament, it comes from one of my favourite shows:  "My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance."

Læser dennne tråd: