Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.762 emner i 47.062 indlæg

160.856 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: MKLÆ, TCT2, rixiwek68, cokkeyedro, TCT

Will we ever be the way we used to be?

for 20 år siden 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well, i suffer from depression, panic disorder and i have slight problems with OCD and hypochodria (which aren't that big of a deal to me) i have been off sedatives since the begginging of july, almost a month now. i have been maintaining in mood swings, but the lows don't seem to be too bad that i need to go to my dr. and i have only had 2 panic attacks that i haven't been able to control, possibly brought on by coffee. it's a complete change of life style and you have to completely change your mind set too, but i'm starting to think that there is normalcy after insanity! good luck
for 20 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Agoraphobe, I don't have agoraphobia and am not yet off my meds for panic disorder. But I certainly do look at other challenges of life in a different way now. I have much more confidence dealing with them. eg: public speaking or having to make 2 free throws on the basketball court etc.. Now I'm like, these things are so easier than what I've gone through to recover from panic disorder. CYA.
for 20 år siden 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Is this what you experienced?
for 20 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Agoraphobe, You won't get back to what u used to be like, you'll be better. You will be a much stronger person for going through panic disorder and agoraphobia. U will be able to deal with other situations much easier knowing that u can get through panic disorder and Agoraphobia.
Thanks for sharing your story with me.
for 20 år siden 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did some years ago. After my first full blown panic attack I went through a 6 month depression/anxiety period BEFORE I went to the meds. I thought I could beat it with will power. Once I began the medication I got better and after a year I was weaned off the drugs. I went for several years without any attacks, only suffering rare mild discomfort without using medication. Early May this year I recognized the symptoms of something brewing. Remembering the horrid six months I suffered those years ago I wasted no time in seeing the doctor to get the medication and becan a hardcore self-help reading program. This time I had one medium grade panic/anxiety attack that lasted a day at most and then tapered off to what I am experiencing now which is just occasional, seldom severe anxiety. I fully believe that the prompt attention to my symptoms and immediate medication was instrumental in avoiding another major meltdown. So, I guess to answer your question...I was cured for several years but I had no problem running back to the meds at the first hint of the illness creeping back in. I remain vigilant because I do no want to go through that severe phase again EVER. Ive heard testimonials about people that have been cured and no longer need the meds (Lucinda Bassett is a famous example) and I am striving toward that goal, but....I will use whatever I need to avoid anything like that first attack again. Best of luck Mike
Are there actual people who have had full blown panic disorder and agoraphobia who were dependent on medication that managed to return to good health without the need for drugs? What percentage of people make a full recovery without drugs?

Læser dennne tråd: