Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.137 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

Hi Everyone!

for 21 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shea, yeah I know what u mean when you say u fear having another panic attack. Remember though that your body will always protect you, so the more confident you get at knowing that the less you will fear them. Adios!
for 21 år siden 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shea, Well for tips regarding fear of the fear that panic attacks cause. This was my biggest problem I have had panic attacks since I was 13 years old but they were diagnosed as 'night terrors.' I usually have mine at night and this was causing me dreadful problems about being frightened of going to sleep. I would wake up in a state of high terror and everything was so surreal. I would have a full blown attack with heart palpitations, sweats, chest and stomach pain that would last for up to half an hour. But since I learnt all I could about my panic attacks and realised that my body was producing the symptoms and that these symptoms could be controlled, things have settled down. The other night I woke up in a sweat with that dreadful impending doom feeling and all I said was, 'Go back to sleep it's nothing.' I did! I have control over my breathing now, taking deep breaths from my stomach and counting four before exhaling, I also relax and let any feelings sweep over me without panicking if that makes sense? It has taken me since April when I joined the site to get this far but I am sure glad I joined! If you need anymore help just ask me whatever!! Take care and best of luck - there is hope and there is light at the end of your tunnel! - Gerry
for 21 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Hey, weather watcher I am exacty in the same boat. For the longest time I was doing great and things were "normal" meaning I was not scared to go anywhere and somewhere out of the blue I got back to the I'm scared to drive anywhere etc....let me know how you do with your doctor. Gerry, thanks for the encouraging words. My biggest problem is "fear of fear....It's not so much of always having a panic attack as to maybe having one. Can you give any tips?!?! **Shea**
for 21 år siden 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the group. We are all here on a journey wanting to learn about our anxiety and panic attacks. Learn all you can - since I started in April learning about my panic attacks I have learnt to not fear them. They have lessened in intensity! I hope you find lots of support and help here, I know I did. Bye for now, Gerry
for 21 år siden 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shea, I'm 27 too. I thought I would write since I've been naving panic/anxiety issues forever myself. I was 9 when it began to affect me. I have gone through times of "remission", but I am going through a rough spot now. I just had a baby in March and during the pregnancy the symptoms really started to accelerate. I had gotten to the point where I could do basically anything normally, but when I found out I was pregnant I started getting anxious and afraid of things I had not thought about in several years. It seems like I am back at square one. I am starting out with a new therapist this week so I'll let you know how it goes. I always hate this part...the starting over part, but I know from experience that it does get better.
for 21 år siden 0 1062 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just a note to say welcome, Shea. It's great that you're seeing someone. Feel free to show the site to your therapist. Nice to have you with us.
for 21 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I am Shea. I am 27 years old and have had panic attacks forever it seems like. I'm on medication and I see a psychologist but I found this web site and thought it may be helpful as well. Maybe talking with others about their experiences/situations may help me understand and control my own PA's as well as help you guys with yours as well to hear my stories as well. I hope to hear from anyone who wants to talk.

Læser dennne tråd: