Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.138 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

Lexapro help!

for 20 år siden 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what you mean about becomming cynical. I figured since you educated yourself, you knew what you meant but I was afraid others might take it that they could just drop back. This is a tough thing trying to get the right med!!! I'm finding it important to self talk too and work out the attacks as they come...besides just hoping the meds work. We can do it...we can all beat this annoying problem!!
Denise, I don't know about the affects of Lexapro wearing off at night. It builds up in your system but only takes a day or so to get off off (depending on how long you've been on specific doses. I didn't notice any problems by night time when I took it the night before (even if I stayed up late). I'm not even really sure why it was a litle better to take at night. I have a friend taking Lexapro for depression after a serious illness and she has had no problem at all on it. Works like a charm for her. she is on heart meds and blood pressure meds as well as blood thinners. She was nauseous the first week or two but is doing great. Hang in there.
for 20 år siden 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to agree with Seattle and Josie on speaking with your doctor first. I'm a bit cynical with SSRI dosings and perhaps that came across in my post. Too many times people ditch their meds because an uneducated (on SSRI's) or irresponsible doctor starts them on too high of a dosage. It's up to you to call your doctor and tell him or her about the uncomfortable side effects. There's no need to suffer through days on on end with agitation or panic.
for 20 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seattle is correct. If this is a change you want to make then discuss it with your doctor. They can walk you through the process and explain what to expect. This will also help them better assess the situation if anything does come up. Josie
for 20 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Seattledoll, Thanks for the post and encouragement. Currently taking Topamax for migraines along with Demulen (birth control), and I generally keep away from caffeine - because of anxiety. I did have 1/2 cup of coffee the other day because I didn't get much sleep the night before from the agitation the Lexapro was giving me - bad mistake! It was the worst reaction to caffeine I ever had. Terrible anxiety, heart pounding, shortness of breath, small panic attacks. I am currently taking Lex at night immediately before I go to bed. Tonight I am feeling more calm, but somewhat lethargic - not quite myself. I wonder if the Lexapro side effects wear off at night before the next dosage? Good luck with your classes! How is the Zoloft working for you?
Please just be sure you MAKE NO DOSAGE CHANGES without talking to your Dr FIRST. He/she needs to know where you are (dosage) in case anything else comes up. You may think just dropping down is ok but that isn't necessarily true....and you may have to phase down. Always always let tour Dr guide you.
Denise, You could always scale back to 7.5 or 5mgs if 10mgs is too much for you. I always say with SSRI meds, if it's too much, scale back until you find your comfort zone, then wean upwards, SLOOOOWLY
for 20 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pam, Thanks for the info regarding Lexapro and dosage. I'm wondering if the 5mg was best for me. But for now, I stick through this initial side-effect phase of the 10mg and see what happens.
You might want to add that Forest Pharmaceuticals did a study proving the efficacy ratio of Lexapro versus Celexa. Apparently, the physical properties are 2:1 but actual efficacy is 4:1. People are confused out there, just as I was until I called Forest.
Pam, Thanks for the info. My Dr loves it when patients research their illnesses and work with him. Think I'll print this out and take it to him for his info. He has several patients with this problem and felt Lexapro was the best drug (targets more of what we need than general anti-depressants). I have an appt with him on Wednesday so I'll bring your info in.

Læser dennne tråd: