Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Mest Aktive

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.763 emner i 47.063 indlæg

160.944 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Rimrie, Sille14, LostEnchantress, Ellsburys, JeansKeyzhu

hormonal origins of panic?

for 21 år siden 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sarajo, Sorry I didn't see this post the other day when I replied to Dawn. (Stupid me...didn't see there was a page 2) Also, just saw your other to me yesterday. Glad to hear/see you are still around. I just had a minute to drop this line. Will be back tomorrow to read and catch up. Hang in there. My days have been up and down too. Bonnie
for 21 år siden 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi everyone and in reply to Sarajo, i do know what you mean about the skittishness etc. i could never go to a job interview i freeze and can't say anything. i've had people come to the home and i sit there and i think dissociate, my poor husband has to get coffee because i can't do anything. and yes i also can't take in information is some situations even when it it incredibly important. i get lost even in other people's home i seem never to remember the way out and then can be too frightened to ask. i know it is anxiety and i know too that i am a lot better than i used to be. it sounds like you are on the right track keeping positive and stick to your piano lessons too, keeps you in the moment. i think ther is a strong link to hormones and meno pause and it all can make you feel like you are constantly running with fear. we will get better. thanks for you story and keep in touch. Maria D.
for 21 år siden 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dawn, I, too had all the tests and am told I "am not in perimenopause" but I know I am. I had been seeing an acupuncturist for a brief period of time and mentioned my pms symptoms (basically feeling like **** a week before) and she suggested Omega-3 capsules along with salmon and/or tuna at least 3 times a week. She recommended the Omega-3 by Trader Joe's for some reason that I don't remember (purity? quality?) Anyhoo, it has been a couple of months now and let's just say I don't feel like pulling out my eyeball's or anyone else's as much as I used to. You know how it is so hard to remember how you felt to compare? But I think I am doing alot better. Actually, as far as the "happy meter" I know I am. Take care, Bonnie
for 21 år siden 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone, Was relieved to read all your posts on the "hormone connection". I've just finished a very difficult three days at work, feeling like I had to climb a mountain each day to cope with it all, in the first few days of my period. Horrible tearful, fearful, shaky, pounding heart stuff, and feeling like I'm going into battle as I drive to work. I KNOW I often feel worse because of the hormones, but during low patches it can feel like I'm experiencing hormone-related stresses all through the month! Scarily, I also feel panicky and shaky in the car, and that it's hard to concentrate calmly on safe driving. I have to try to relax and not drive in a panicky way, but I'm aware of my heart thumping; it's quite frightening and I feel like I have constant "near-misses". (On my days off I can drive much more calmly.....!) After reading your posts I do wonder if my increased panicky/stressed feelings in the past two years ARE due to my age: I'm 42. (Does "perimenopausal" mean, "coming up to the menopause"? Sorry to be dim, but I've never heard the word before: UK differences, maybe!) In fact, maybe this IS all part of the menopause? I'm menstruating normally though. And to be honest lots of the way I feel has been like this for much of my adult life, just worse in recent years, and definitely worse since having babies 14 years ago. But I've experienced some fairly major stress factors over those 2 years, and assumed it had all taken it's toll, leaving me in this vulnerable and unstable state. I posted first on "Introduce Yourself" (First-Timer) and wrote about how my job as a teacher causes me huge stress, and Anne-Marie indicated that I should consider changing jobs, which of course I'd love to do if it made me feel stronger and better! But one BIG problem is that this shakiness and "skittering thoughts" (you know, when the panic makes you feel you can't absorb information and can't think straight or remember things properly....anyone else have this?) means that I've lost so much confidence in myself. I know that (underneath all the shaky stuff) I can be good at my job and should be able to tackle many other jobs well, but I feel so over-loaded with stuff to do, and feel I can't keep up with it all as it is, that the thought of trying to
for 21 år siden 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, I am new to the group but I definately believe there is a link between PMS (hormones)and panic symptoms. I have very "black days" with miserable thoughts prior to my period and I have now started to have panic and anxiety systems. I have just ordered several books from my library, one supposedly has a chapter on anxiety/panic and PMS. If there is any worthwhile information i will be sure to post it here. Thanks for making me feel that I am not nuts. :confuse:
for 21 år siden 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
there is no doubt in my mind that hormones affect mood and for me that week before my period is due is hellish and i am very prone to anxiety, black thoughts panic attacks etc. it has been like that for all of my adult life. i now deal with it much better (usually) and can disconnect from it a little. i always remember to be kinder to myself in that week (as does my husband, kind soul that he is.) bye maria
for 21 år siden 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone! My name is Dawn and I have posted on some of the other topics but not this particular one. I believe I have had a few exchanges with Victoria. I like the rest of you am 46 years old and experiences a whole gamet of peculiar symtoms which are starting to wear me down. I have had panic disorder since I was 28 years old after the birth of my 3rd child. I was convinced then that hormones played a part in the panic disorder, but I was never able to find anyone who took me serious. Since I am perimenopausal, even though the tests all come back normal, I have been having all kinds of weird symptoms, not the least of which is panic and anxiety. I started taking paxil last Apr. because it had previously put me in remission for 7 years along with my little xanax friends. I expected the same results, but instead I was more anxious even with the xanax so I convinced my DR. to let me go on straight xanax. I am a bit of a mediphob. He suggested I try serizone, but I have yet to take any of it. Just before my periods I have dark thoughts that are disconcerting and anxiousness that is relentless. I cannot take any kind of hormone therapy because I have the anti cardio lypin factor (blood clotting problems), which eliminates even organic hormones. I have felt very alone. I am tired of low back pain, leg aches, bloating, flu like symptoms and a general overall feeling of not being myself. It has not kept me from keeping going, but it gets harder every day. I have been under a lot more stress than usual. I have two children getting married this summer and my youngest is not too far behind. I guess you could say I am also an empty nester. I never expected to feel this way. I have maintained a art career and have my own business as a wedding planner. I have always volunteered and kept busy, so that I would still have my own life. I thought it would make the transition easier. It didn't. I have had a lot of blood work done to rule out thyroid and a bunch of other things. I have osteoporosisi. I am currently under the care of a great physc.! I was happy to see that there are other women feeling the way I have been feeling. I am open to any suggestions that will help me get back to feeling zippity do da! Thanks everyone! I look forward to hearing f
for 21 år siden 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi guys :) I havent checked on line for a while, but I am really glad to see that there are so many people who are connecting the same dots I am to their hormone cycles. I feel like I am on a rollercoaster half the time, but the meds really do help. Because of my polycystic ovarian disease I dont actually get a 'period' but i go through cycles... mine seem to be roughly 2-3 weeks between these 'panic times' as I have come to call them. I finally plain told my doctor that I didnt care if he thought it was hormonally related, I BELIEVED it was, and because of that belife I refused to use the hormone therapy he wanted me to use so that I would have a 'bleed'. Now he gave me instead a much easier treatment which I havent begun yet, but I am hoping its ok... and he added clonazepam to my daily pill diet. So far I am basically ok... I just keep waking up earlier and eariler... but thats a good thing. :p After I told my doctor what I thought about all this **** about panic attacks not being related to hormones he referred me to a psychiatrist. heh... i am not sure if that was a victory or a defeat... but at least I get to go to a doctor who knows more about the meds he is prescribing... that cream sounds like an interesting meathed... where do you find it? i have never heard of it....good luck everyone ! :)
for 21 år siden 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm new to this group and can't believe that some of you are relating your panic attacks to hormones. I have been convinced of this for nearly 10 years but no-one believes me. My panic attacks started after having my 3rd daughter and I was told that I was suffering with post natal depression although I didn't actually feel depressed...it just showed itself up in panic and anxiety ways. Apart from all the other triggers which I have writted here on the New to the Board thread, I actually have more dark thoughts and panic feeling once I am passed the mid cycle stage. I have read up alot about this and have decided to start taking a natural progesterone cream ie Wild Yam Cream. It really lifted my mood after about a week and made me feel less anxious. Its early days still but its certainly worth a try.
for 21 år siden 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monday was day one of my cycle and I noticed that night an increase in "dark" thoughts, and some near panic symptoms. I increased my Klonopin to .5 mg and it did help, but the following evening, I felt increased anxiety and took .5 mg with good effect. I suppose I need to monitor this as well as I am perimenopausal as well. Anyone else who is perimenopausal w/increased anxiety? I just had another thought, is my recent panic attacks and anxiety related? If so, what have you tried that has helped you???? Thanks! Victoria

Læser dennne tråd: