Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.760 emner i 47.060 indlæg

160.793 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

I?m just starting

for 10 år siden 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Felt myself going down a dark path.....it was affecting my families happiness and mine......alcohol was just a crutch and I don't want to do that anymore.
for 10 år siden 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jewlz & Kingie,

Sorry, I am afraid I am not much good on advice on how to cut down.  This is something I was never able to manage.  If I have a glass of wine then I need to finish the bottle and as time went on I needed to start on another (classic signs of a progressively worsening addiction).

Taking a break did not work for me either.  I could be off drink for a month and as soon as I went back on witing 2 or 3 days I would be back to my old drinking levels (again classic signs of addiction).

Everyone is different and with a bit of luck and hard work you will be able to cut down and get control.

Keep posting and I look forward to hearing about your success.

Rob

for 10 år siden 0 11223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kingie,

What has motivated you to come here now?

Ashley, Health Educator
for 10 år siden 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One thing that shocked me was the Check Your Drinking report.  The amount I spent in the past year, the amount of hours I was intoxicated (you cant just got actual drinking hours, it lingers for hours).  Effect on your liver and health. And all the charts. I knew i was drinking a lot, but not the way it was described here.

I suggest everyone complete the report and email it to yourself if you havent done so already.
for 10 år siden 0 409 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Check out the tools on this website - there are so many resources here. The personal drinking diary, the personal blog, everything in the toolbox. Good on you all for doing this!
Thank you Rob....my goal is to cut down to two whenever I drink....I'm a binge drinker, don't drink every day, but when I do I can't stop.....being home all day is really boring and frustrating at times and that's when I drink.....have not for two days now...trying to do things just to keep busy. I just want to be able to go back to where I was being a social drinker or enjoying a couple of glasses at home with my husband.
for 10 år siden 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Rob,   My objective is to get down to max 9 a week first then somehow, now sure how this will work, but I want to not feel the need or crave it.  I want to go back to how I used to be. Drinks were not any part of my day or thoughts, was just something I did when there was a get together. It took up nothing in my life.

I want to not drink at all for week then start with the limit of 9.   I keep putting that week of none off though so I think it may be backwards.  I have a hard time stopping at 1 drink.  3 seems to be where I can stop, and not having any at all is harder.

Any suggestions?

Jewlz
for 10 år siden 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kingie (and Jewlz),

I hope you find this forum even half as useful as I have.  Its great for advice, encouragement etc.

What are your objectives?  What is the plan?

Rob
Hope so.......its a step in the right direction.
for 10 år siden 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm new too,  fact that we're here has to be good right?

Læser dennne tråd: