Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.137 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

Can FOOD or certain Beverages Really add to the anxiety

for 21 år siden 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jessica. I sent you two emails yesterday. Hope to hear from you soon. my addy is ryjackie@hotmail.com
for 21 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaqueline, I tried to respond to your post about being email buddies but the whole topic is gone. I don't know what happened but I would really like to be email buddies. My email address is Monkeyz916@hotmail.com. I hope to hear from you soon. Jessica
for 21 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been taking 3 fish oil capsules (salmon) daily since January. I don't eat much fish now after seeing all the reports on it being dangerous due to the mercury level found in fish. My panic disorder has actually continued to get better since Feb 2002 so it's hard to tell how much the fish oil capsules have helped. I started taking it after this heart doc on Oprah Winfrey said everyone should take 3 100mg capsules a day to get the required Omega 3 fatty acids. Heart disease is the biggest cause of death in Australia so that's why I started. There have been reports that it can help depression. I haven't really depressed since Oct 2001 so again it's hard for me to say how much the fish oil has helped.
for 21 år siden 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yesterday I heard on the news that certain kinds of fish, for example salmon (specifically the omega-3 fatty acids contained in the oils of these fish) have been found to increase serotonin concentration at the front of the brain, and that this is similar to the effects of Prozac. The issue at hand was depression, but I suppose it could apply equally to panic. I've been trying to eat more salmon lately, but haven't noticed any improvement yet. Has anyone noticed any positive effects resulting from fish consumption?
for 21 år siden 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Like many others that have posted, I have heard bad things about caffine, sugar, etc. Since I am trying to avoid medication in any way possible, I have cut all sugar, and caffine out of my diet. Being a teen, it's a hard thing to do with so many temptations around. (not to mention how difficult it is to explain to people, because I'm as thin as a rail so the word "diet" causes people to think I have an eating disorder.) Anyway, the decrease in these two things has helped as far as I have noticed, mind you, I am also on summer break and have a lot less stress. I'll note back later when I am into a normal schedual. Krissy
for 21 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've read differing opions on what and what not to eat/drink. I kept reading milk was not good for panic attacks. Then I read a book which said drink milk as it calms you down. I've also read people saying high carbo foods make them panicy, but then others don't find they do. The main foods/drinks you read about are caffeine, sugar and alcohol. I've never been much of a caffeine drinker and I don't drink alcohol so I can't comment on these. But my point is that in the early days I used to get all stressed about what food/drink I had. Then I noticed that I would sometimes get a panic attack after eating a certain food but then sometimes I wouldn't. So now I don't get all hooked up with what I eat or drinnk. I just have anything and am doing great. I'm no dietician, but I think worrying about what u had or are about to have will make things worse than what the food itself might actually do to you.
for 21 år siden 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was taken off all caffene when i was first diagonsed.I cheat every once in awhile,but i have noticed certain food's make me more nervous within an half an hour to an hour after eating them.Sugar is one of them which since i started panicing again i refuse to eat.This may sound weird but hamburger and chese makes me more anxious.Anyone else?
for 21 år siden 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey i stopped consuming caffine about a month ago. and i'm also off sedatives. i find that i only have panic attacks i can't control after having coffee or pepsi/coke. like today for instance... i had a couple glasses of pepsi and now i'm paying for it with chest pains and bad thoughts.
for 21 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jacqueline, I have had GAD and panic attacks for about 10 years now. I was doing good but just recently have had a relapse. I have been reading everything I can on what you can do without medication because I don't want to have to be on medication my whole life. I read that caffine and fatty foods can cause extra anxiety so I have been off caffine and have tried to significantly cut out fatty foods for about a week and a half now and to be perfectly honest I haven't noticed a difference at all. Jessie
for 21 år siden 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi my name is Jacqueline and i was just wondering if any of you other have ever kept a food journal to see if it is something that you are eating or drinking that brings on certain feelings? I have been doing a program that asked just this question. I do not eat caffine of any sort even before this program however i was eating a lot of sugar. This week i noticed that i wasn't making the best choices food wise and i did actually start to feel a lot more anxious. So i went back to eating the my normal foods and within a day i noticed a big difference. So i do believe that certain foods and beverages play a part in our feelings. Just try and see how much better you are going to feel if you switch to decaf and eat less sugar. Has anyone already done this and if so what are your observations... :)

Læser dennne tråd: