Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.137 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

Fear of Vomiting and Panic Attacks

for 11 år siden 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to go off topic, but Davit's post made me smile.  What kind of nuclear caterpillar is that???  And, what kind of butterfly does it turn into?  I've seen some pretty unusual creatures in Florida, but this is a new one to me.  Love both of the new icon photos from Davit and Hugs :)

Shari
for 11 år siden 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Katie,
Trying to eat, is like trying to process information about my money.  I can take more information in,but I can't manage my money, since I "lose" it, or throw it(the information) up, and can't contain it.  Today I was more relaxed, so I could actually do simple arithmetic!  Relaxation has helped, but it's a long haul.  It's tough to see others moving at the rate of a space shuttle, but I'm just crawling, like my pic.  The forum helps, since we're all struggling.

Some day I'll turn into a pretty butterfly, maybe.

Right now, I'm just crawling around on all fours, so to speak, or however many little feet I have 

for 11 år siden 0 11226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kaitie,

Welcome to the group. Thank you for sharing what you have been experiencing. I have heard other members in the forums have had this concern in the past so you are not alone. To add to Davit's and Hug's informative replies I can talk about the program...This program can help you. It is based  on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy principles which is a proven effective therapy for anxiety and panic attacks. I encourage you to start from the beginning of the program and work your way through; completing the homework. It does take work but if you put the work in you will see results. One section I think you will find particularly helpful is the session on Simulating Panic. You will need to work your way through the program and not jump right to the Simulating Panic session but once you are ready for it it will be helpful.  It will desensitize you to the symptoms in order for you to lose the fear.

One session that you should look at now that might be helpful is the session on Relaxation Techniques. Practice these techniques throughout the day and while you have anxiety. They help to relax the body which in turn relaxes the mind.

Keeping reading the program and keep posting - we will help you through this.

Ashley, Health Educator
for 11 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi hugs

So we finally get a picture of you. Just kidding. I have those on my lovage, they turn into pretty butterflies.
Nice pic. Reminds me that even the worst situation can turn out beautiful.

Davit.
for 11 år siden 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Katie,
Uneasy situations cause me to eat more.  So if I'm fuller than I need to be, it's not hard to lose a meal, at least feeling nauseous.  Triggers abound in stressful situations.

Nice pic Davit.
for 11 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi

Since most if not all panic attacks are caused by triggers that are caused by association with a situation attached to your memory or directly to a memory you can have two different panic attacks (or more) without getting the same reaction. So if you have a panic attack where you get a specific reaction (vomiting) search your memory for an association to an unpleasant situation when you had the reaction and change the situation in your memory and you will change the reaction even if you don't stop the panic attack. Then you can use the program to stop the panic attacks.

Davit
for 11 år siden 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone,

I have had a fear of vomiting my whole life, which became worse once I started experiencing panic attacks. In the ast year, I have thrown up several times, some with obvious explanations (such as when I broke my arm) and others I'm not so sure of. Is it possible that the vomiting may be caused by a panic attack, or from the anxiety in general?
I know those times I did throw up I was extremely anxious, but I'm not sure whether feeling nauseous caused the anxiety or feeling anxious caused the vomiting?
I have had many panic attacks in which I haven't vomited but I'm really confused. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thank you

Læser dennne tråd: