Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.137 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

Jealousy

for 21 år siden 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Iwona - it sounds like we really are in the same boat. And it must be the same for people who suffer from all kinds of illnesses and then have to watch their friends go on holiday, go to school, etc. But the difference is, mental illness is stigmatised so whereas someone with a physical illness is brave for overcoming it, - I don't know about you, but I tend to hide my agoraphobia from everyone except my closest acquaintances. Of course, physical illness is stigmatised too - I should know that because my sister is ill with Chrons disease and I know that she feels embarrassed talking about it. And people with physical disabilities suffer from social attitudes too. I was thinking today, my fear of people's judgment is actually a bigger problem for me than my fear of travelling.
for 21 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
STOP STOP STOP STOP. You are not failures. Cricky moley. Panic Attacks and agrophobia are a proper illness. I have never once thought of myself as a failure and I never will. Everything happens for a reason. People who deal and get over panic attacks and or agrophobia will be better people after it. We will be stronger and able to deal with other aspects of life better.
for 21 år siden 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lucy, I am really glad You have started this topic as I feel exactly the same as you do. Meaning, I feel like a failure. I had to stop my studies because of my illness and now all of my friends have M.Sc's or Ph.D's and I feel awful and can't even get myself to reading my old favorite books on the subject of Physics (which is what I studied). I envy people that they can get out of the house and go on vacation - I don't envy them the place they're going, no, just the fact that they are ABLE to go without panicking. I was a very brave traveller before this illness, I wasn't very far -meaning another continent- but I travelled across Europe from Poland to England a few times, flew a plane twice with no trepidation. And now I am like a prisoner of my own mind, which is very very unnerving. I have comparing myself to others and I know I shouldn't be doing this...But that's what I do. So how do we cope with that?Iwona
for 21 år siden 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am having a problem not getting depressed about my situation. My ex-boyfriend keeps emailing me; he has a new girlfriend and both of them are becoming more and more successful artists, they keep having shows together. He tells me about going to the openings and how much they are selling and the articles in magazines about them and so on. I can't even go out of the house, I don't see my friends, and I have to spend a couple of hours each day practising exposure, then there's reading books, therapy and meditation etc ... I feel like a complete loser. My ex-boyfriend knows my situation and he even tries to be gentle on me, saying, 'I don't mean to make you jealous but ...' and 'Tell me if you don't want me to talk about this ...' - But he used to be depressed and now he's successful I don't want to ruin his happiness, and I don't want him to know how miserable I am. Plus, his girlfriend absolutely hates me, and puts me down whenever she can. The whole situation is so painful. I feel like such a comparative failure. And when I get better and resume my own life, since my ex-boyfriend is friends with all my friends, there'll be no escape. Does anyone have any tips about how to not feel like a failure when ... you know, when you're sick?

Læser dennne tråd: