Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.037 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47, JJuarbe

A Hypothetical Lenten Epiphany

for 17 år siden 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm just glad that your hypothetical friend has you as his friend, because you are a smart and good friend to him!! Good job! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 882 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $111.94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
for 17 år siden 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG..peteg.. 'pre-seder deal'.. My laugh for the day! Great epiphany.. and love your stats hon :) (((((((((hugs)))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/clappingsmiley.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 905 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $405 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
for 17 år siden 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I have this "friend" who has 100+ days to his quit, and he's like sick and tired of fighting the craves. He's too much of a wimp to just go to the store and buy a pack of cigarettes and be done with it; oh no, he has to be passive-agressive about it and put himself into a situation where he can safely and anonymously bum one. (What a pathetic loser my "friend" is.) In spite of everything he has read on this site, he thinks he can do "one or two" and still preserve his quit. Idiot. So he goes trolling for smokes the way some people troll for sex. Dignity not required. But then he gets this huge epiphany -- yeah, even though Lent is already started. (Monica, honey, think of it as a pre-Seder deal). This guy has been exercising and working out, and while it's no huge deal, he can suddenly run a half-mile, and he expects that distance to increase every single day. His lungs are clear, and he's like, "Wait a minute. If I smoke, where is that smoke going??" Duh!! Whatever he smokes is going into his clean lungs and STAYING there! There's no exit from the lungs, and smoke is solid matter. My "friend" about got down on his knees and thanked God for this insight, which came out of nowhere at a time he needed it most. The craves never really go away, but do we really, seriously, want to allow them to fill our lungs with tar again? EWWWWWWW. Even if we glibly think our quit can survive a smoke or two now and then -- and the evidence against it is staggering -- there is still the matter of where that "occasional" smoke goes to live forever. Our lungs have no exits. Thanks. I needed to articulate this for myself. (Oh yeah; and for my "friend," too.) peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,892 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $643.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
for 17 år siden 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Pete once again for sharing and showing That at 117 days you know you still have to keep your guard up. Nice one dogding the preverbial bullet!!! I think I have over the last week had the same sort of epiphany, junky thoughts were creeping in telling me I can have or handle having a few smokes now and then. I just remember some wise soul here saying it's like going through hell week everytime you light up.....f that!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,276 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $553.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
for 17 år siden 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad your "friend" had an epiphany. Maybe your "friend" could remind my "friend" that when she smoked she had cravings every single day. She would dread going to visit her family and her smoke-free friends because she would have to go outside in the cold. She would go outside and smoke but she would still be craving another one as soon as she got back in. And while your "friend" is at it...perhaps he could remind her that she is getting the cravings less and less and that she is working out lots (oh yeah...and apparently she's not GREY anymore - geesh...nobody ever told her that she was grey) Happy upcoming Easter! (I'm United - My friend said that is the only church that would let me in......so we don't give up anything for Lent) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 169 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $845 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
for 17 år siden 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Pete on your epiphany! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 196 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,514 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $768.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
for 17 år siden 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
(((hugs))) for your 'friend', Pete! We are Methodist (kinda stuck somewhere between a good southern baptist and a catholic)! I told my daughter I am giving up smoking for Lent. She said that is not fair becuse I already gave it up. I could always start again just so I could give it up.....(?) Tell your 'friend' to give it up for Lent. Since he has such a minor 'slip' it sould not be that hard! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 169 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
for 17 år siden 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Peteg, Congratulations on your epiphany and on 117 days quit! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Læser dennne tråd: