Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.028 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: cbtelearning, Suder47, JJuarbe, RogerRabbit, ilovepets

Fall weather

for 11 år siden 0 11226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristine,

That's not a stupid trigger at all - nice weather is a huge trigger for many and for many it can be a cause for a slip. But remember it wouldn't be a beautiful smoke, you would feel guilty and stressed the entire time and after the fall weather wouldn't smell as fresh and the crisp air would feel more cold and less refreshing. What you are doing now is incredibly hard but it sounds like you'll fight through it. Soon all these conquered hardships will be remembered as trophies once you feel free of this "bad relationship". You are doing great. Keep posting whenever you have trouble.

What's good about not smoking now? How is the experience better being free from cigarettes?

Ashley, Health Educator
for 11 år siden 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Triggers are weird sometimes. They make sense because they remind us of good times in our past  & bring out fond memories by association. However, note your own words here:  "I am just dying to fire one up."  You got the dying part right!  That's just what your beautiful smoke wants to see happen to you! Tobacco is no friend to you, no matter how you associate the memories. It will age you, ruin your teeth, lungs, heart and soul if you decide to smoke even if NO ONE WOULD EVER KNOW, because your body will remember your 'one puff' and it will crave one more . . .  and one more . . . until you cave and then you're busted! You'll be be long past that one sweet memory, wondering why you made the decision to bum that smoke??? Of course you can start your quit again if you do go down that road, as many of us have gone before you - but you are wise to catch yourself and see your junkie thinking for what it was - and is! It's so good to see your honesty shine here - that is one bright light shining around you, firing you up from the inside! I"m catching the ambient glow from way over here on the West Coast.  Powerful post Kristine   Good for you.  
And you too Sly.  Cuz  N.O.P.E. works best of all!
for 11 år siden 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristine82 .There is no such thing as a stupid trigger but there are some very sneaky ones.
Good on you for recognizing them and beating them down.
I didn't smoke in my house so spring and summer were a big trigger for me as I smoked more and enjoyed them as
I was not freezing outside like in the winter.
I made it through and learned to enjoy things in a much better way as a non smoker.
N.O.P.E.
Enjoying Life
Sherry
for 11 år siden 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stupidest trigger ever, right? Weather is weather! But I live in California and am in Boston for business and this beautiful fall weather is making me want a cigarette so bad. I went to school here, and needless to say I smoked constantly, as did all of my friends. Now, walking around in the lovely crisp air with the changing leaves, I am just dying to fire one up. It really makes me think about how smoking is an abusive relationship, because here I am enjoying something so nice and I just want to ruin it by filling my lungs with poison.

Anyway. I'm through two nights here and haven't smoked, even though I've been dying to. I have to remind myself of that line from the "junkie thinking" post -- I don't want "just one," I want them all. The worst part is knowing I could bum one from someone and have such a beautiful smoke looking out over the harbor and NO ONE WOULD EVER KNOW. But I'm not going to. I just keep thinking about it and had to write it down somewhere.

Læser dennne tråd: