Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.760 emner i 47.060 indlæg

160.786 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

It's not always easy!

for 4 måneder siden (Edited for 4 måneder siden) +2 348 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 2

I often post about how great it is to be alcohol-free. What I don’t post much about is how hard it is sometimes. After many attempts, I was finally able to give up alcohol in August 2015. Fortunately, I have been able to resist the countless urges and temptations that I often encounter. 

When I gave up alcohol, I didn’t give up my friends, and they all drink. Being the good friends they are, they asked if they needed to not drink around me but I have always maintained that this is my problem, not theirs. Actually, them drinking around me reiterates the fact that I do have a problem with alcohol. Sure, there are times they may overindulge, but for the most part, they can drink at a moderate level. 

Last weekend I joined my friends for a Mardi Gra festivities. Early in the day, with drinking all around me, temptation hit hard. That alcohol voice was telling me that one drink wouldn't hurt a thing. I took a lot of walks to distract myself but the more I walked, the more I saw drinking and fun. I remained strong and as the day progressed the fun drinking shifted to obnoxious, sloppy drinking. 

I joined this group years before I stopped drinking. We often think we are in this alone. Everyone here is on a similar path and it is hard. Posting here helped me take my life back. 

Stay strong everyone.  

Læser dennne tråd: