Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.761 emner i 47.061 indlæg

160.841 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: iloveludlow, maddshp, Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991

The three components of panic & anxiety

for 14 år siden 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I get the heart race, the head pound, the turtle and cower...

The bathroom used to be my solace until my wife insisted that i go to the doctor to get checked out..I spent to much time in the bathroom.....

I am working on getting out of there and facing this!

for 14 år siden 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First it starts with the heart racing, then the cold tinglies all over, then it feels like someone is pouring cold water directly on my brain, then the sweats, the shakes and the terror that I cannot escape and that this will never end.
I do know that it will end but at the time of the attack, it sure doesn't feel like it.
I try to keep breathing (as they usually happen while I am driving and I don't want to pass out and kill someone, another terror of mine).
These attacks last anywhere from a few seconds to several hours, which is not fun, when they happen for that long, I just keep breathing and attempt to focus on that, eventually, I do have to leave where I am or the attack will last even longer.
I know panic attacks aren't supposed to last for more than 10 to 20 minutes but mine do, I don't know why and my GP just passes them off as nothing.
Just remembering that there is someone out there who has felt what you are feeling and that I am not the only person who has these attacks helps a bit.  Not completely but a bit.
for 14 år siden 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
     I get mortifird. I cant do anything. I just want to run. MY STORY IS TO RUN AND HIDE. I have to stope doing this and face the reality of wats going on. I know what I need to do, but most times I dont.   Gary
for 14 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

The following make up the three components of anxiety and panic:

• Physical sensations: The physical sensations of a panic attack, by themselves, are not. Without the other two components of a panic attack these sensations can even be pleasant. Some people go out of their way for a rush by riding roller coasters or other thrills but people with panic attacks live in fear of these sensations. Fortunately, you can relearn to experience these physical sensations without experiencing a panic attack.
• Cognitive thoughts: The cognitive component of panic and anxiety are anxious thoughts that people have when they feel afraid. People with panic disorder usually have all kinds of anxious thoughts about what’s going to happen to them when they have a panic attack or what might happen in certain situations. Anxious thoughts very often include a strong urge to escape.
• Behaviors: The intense physical sensations associated with panic attacks are extremely unpleasant. When people have an extremely unpleasant experience like a panic attack, they have two options; they can continue to suffer or they can escape and gain immediate relief. The main behavior associated with panic & anxiety is avoidance.

What type of reaction do you have to anxiety?

Læser dennne tråd: