Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.761 emner i 47.061 indlæg

160.838 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Quote of the Day Part Two

for 11 år siden 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The will to conquer is the first condition of victory.
- Ferdinand Foch

Sometimes I get fed up with the present, and just want to move on to something I've been postponing.  An example is my backache, which I've been monitoring, since Friday when I might have taken an uncomfortable yoga position.  As much as I don't wish to face the fact that I need to see my chiropractor, I just do need to see one of them.
The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds.
- Lloyd Jones

To my surprise, I've gone, for example, to a second yoga class.  The night class, and closeness to home allows to wind down
for 11 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The one thing you can control with practice is how you look at things whether they be inside or outside. Control and dominance are not the same thing. You can control the situation without actually being in control of the happening. An example is that very common "I am afraid to go to the Doctors" Why, everyone does it. Doesn't mean they like it.
So there are all these things you have no control of, time to go, time to wait, Doctors attitude, Nurses attitude. Not to mention traffic or bus to get there. And the simple thing of just phoning to make the appointment. Sound familiar.
All of these are outside things, the inside is you. You take control of the situation simply by saying "I'm doing this because I want to". Never ever because I have to. Never. Even though in fact that is what you have to do. 
Make a mantra. Your choice of words but something like "I am here because I want to be" "I can do this because I want to". Afterwards say "I won" and get yourself a reward. The association between reward and success reinforces the success.
Dominance only creates more stress and a memory of how hard it was.

Davit
You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.
- Wayne Dyer
I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed; and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep on trying.
- Tom Hopkins

Dedicate yourself to the good you deserve and desire for yourself. Give yourself peace of mind. You deserve to be happy. You deserve delight.
- Mark Victor Hansen

There is something good in all seeming failures. You are not to see that now. Time will reveal it. Be patient.
- Sri Swami Sivananda

Often I look for something better than what I have.  A suggestion was to discover, meaning appreciating what we have

Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.
- Vincent Van Gogh

I see it with cooking, as things become so routine!  All that wasted worry, energy and missed life is a fact, but not something that needs to be dwelled upon.  It's just "back there", in a big pile of unfortunate stuff that was missed.

Maybe there's a way of seeing it to re-enforce somehow building on it for a better present?

It would explain the quote "don't believe what you think", which suggests being wary of the negative gremlins in our life.

for 11 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

That is the most common thing people say. It eats at them and keeps the anxiety alive. We can't change the past, only learn from it. Life goes on, we either go with it or get left behind.

Davit

Læser dennne tråd: