Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.761 emner i 47.061 indlæg

160.838 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Took a Hard Fall

for 12 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debora

You will get a falling phobia. You will get it because you already have it. Hypochondria is a health phobia that covers everything to do with health. Every time something to do with health happens to you you will add it. Some might fade but will pop up every time you get close to it.

Just like an Agoraphobic adds things every time they have a bad experience. It might start out with being stuck in traffic. But say the bus gets stuck in traffic or is just slow. Or one time an elevator is crowded. The Agoraphobic has the potential to add on till soon they can't leave the house. 

You are going to do this with health issues. Never mind trying not to get a falling phobia, try to get rid of the parent so you can't add on before you get to the point you fear cutting your toe nails. Sounds silly? not really. Every one has staph on there skin. It is possible to get an infected toe nail if you cut it to short. Boils are a form of Staph infection as are sty's.

You need to deal with why you have hypochondria and all the other phobias will go away. Wouldn't it be nice to go through life not worrying about catching the flu let alone West Nile. If you try to deal with each one by itself you will need a couple of lifetimes. Especially since there are so many health issues you could worry about.

CBT works by changing negative thought to positive. It doesn't matter what the thought is as long as it is negative it can be changed. An Agoraphobic doesn't deal with the car or bus or elevator. They deal with the negative thought. That is what you need to do with the health phobia. Deal with the negative thought and never mind what it is.

This is why I keep nagging at you to find something positive every day. 

Davit.
for 12 år siden 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank You Josie,

You're replies are always so warm and comforting thank you. I am going to try not to think blood clot or anything else tonight, I may just eat and lie down, if I take a little nap the time will go by faster! I was going to walk down to my neigbor's but then I would have to walk home in the pitch black so its probably safer I just stay home as you say and rest my knee.

I do NOT want to get a falling phobia, you know I never really worried about that, falling, I worried about everything else under the sun but not too much about falling, I am going to have to be extra careful in the bathroom, its so strange Josie the floor was bone-dry and I still fell?! I think being alone is adding to the anxiety, I will have to try and work through it, thank you.
for 12 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debora,

Take some time off your feet!  You have a free night, so take advantage of it!  Soak in the tub, invite a friend over, read a book or even bake!  This is quality you time, so pamper yourself, you deserve it!

Put that knee to bed early!

Josie, Health Educator
Thanks Hugs, I think what is bothering me is that the whole panic disorder came back after I had a blood clot in my leg last year, so since I slammed my knee I am SO scared about the clot thing again! And I am going to be alone tonight they are going to a football game and I am PMSing, hurting and scared! I cannot believe I fell I have to stop thinking about it, I have been doing better and I do not want to go back down.
for 12 år siden 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debora,
I've found these things happen when we're pushing ourselves too much.  We need to pace ourselves, so we don't risk hurting ourselves.  What would your family do without you?
Last night I fell in my bathroom,  it was strange I went down on one knee and slammed it against the tile! I am glad it was not worse but I am worrying about it today, its red and hurting, I have been putting ice on it, the pain is tolerable its not that I am worrying about its "oh I hope it does not clot up or I broke something" you know me my hypocrondria is acting up again.

I keep trying to tell myself "everyone bumps their knee or falls on their knee and they are fine STOP worrying" I dont think anything is broken, I have had a lot of problems with my body, God knows, but my knees never bothered me I hope they do not start! Its right below the knee and its red, like I said the pain is not bothering me but thinking there is something wrong is.

It could of been worse no broken bones, it was strange the floor was not even wet or slippery, it was dry it was very strange how it happened, just hoping it stays like this and does not get worse, I am sure many people have had this happen and are fine.

Læser dennne tråd: