Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.761 emner i 47.061 indlæg

160.829 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Drop in and say hello

for 13 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi.

I am so tired. Or I should say, we are so tired as you know I have company. We are sticking in plants and seeds every day on top of trying to find time to visit. The weather has been beautiful but the fatigue is raising my anxiety level a bit. Nothing that I can't handle, this is all part of my new life and my new freedom. We are finding time to watch movies every evening so it is easy to sleep. We keep forgetting our grocery list so we have to go back each day. It makes a good excuse to enjoy the valley and the mountains. We are not neglecting to eat though. The asparagus is doing well. I have never enjoyed a glass of wine with supper so much. It might be all the fresh air, but I think it is the company.
The change of diet is doing wonders for my waist. As you probably know it is hard to get excited about cooking for one but so easy to do something special for two. Especially if that person is special.

Davit.
for 13 år siden 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ~m,

I just stopped by and saw your post and had to sign in..
Its good to heard how well you are doing and that you have found the right path working the Evolution Health Alcohol program..Give yourself a big pat on the back for that one...and you are also helping others by posting there and encouraging others..This is what life is all about..
Congratulations on starting your first quilt..I am happy to hear your are enjoying it and seeing it all come together..a labor of love. I know that feeling well. I am wishing you a relaxing too..

Till next time,
Sid

for 13 år siden 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi m:  A quilt?  Good for you.  Hope you post a pic for us to see.  Have fun.

Glad you've done the 12 steps.  As they say "one day at a time" and "keep coming back".

Your friend, Sunny
for 13 år siden 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sid.  So good to hear of the progress you are making.  Sounds like you are quickly approaching ... ahhhh, Serenity! Kewl.

I've been meaning to get back to you about AA, but could not find the thread until you posted today and there it was.  I am glad that you were helped by AA.  So many people have been and are being helped by the program.  I have attended AA as well as Al-Anon and several other 12-step programs in the course of my recovery.  All of them have helped in one way or another.  

For where I am now, I find the Evolution Health Alcohol Help Center to be exactly what I need.  I have learned so much and been able to utilize the lessons and support in a way that has been very beneficial.  When I wrote to complain about the AHC it was just that not many members were posting and I felt all alone over there for a while.  But Ashley helped me recognize the cyclical nature of the site, which in turn calmed my fears about being abandoned (core belief). 

I'm not so bothered by the silence now and still post at AHC to offer hope and encouragement to anyone who wanders by.  I think it is an excellent program and I'm pleased at how much my relationship with alcohol has changed since I've been participating on the site... cravings for "the drink" do not control me anymore.  I will always need to be aware and careful, but that is true of all our mental challenges.  

Thanks for asking.  I hope you enjoy a relaxing weekend.  I've started my very first quilt ever :) thinking of you and Sunny as I do.  It's fun seeing it come together.

This has been a very good week for me..Anxiety/Panic is becoming less and less of a problem for me..I have been getting out more and more each week and so Agoraphobia is really not much of a problem for me either anymore...
I attribute this to the CBT program here and all of the support I have gotten from the support group and the Educators..
I also have a very supportive partner which really helps. I must also give myself credit for all of the hard work I have put into working this program and of course never giving up on myself...

This is a great program....

Red/sid
Hi ~m

I am glad that I could help you..AA is a wonderful organization and there are many people there that can help you get on the road to recovery...Once you get yourself to your first meeting you will know why I chose AA and will be supported by people who understand what you are going through..
As for my plans for the weekend..
I was a little sick last night night so I am going to rest up today..Saturday I am looking forward to cooking my partner a special dinner for his birthday and Sunday I am going to spend the day letting my mind and body relax..Self care is something I need to do a lot more of...

Sid
Have a great weekend Sid... your recommendation for AA has got me sorting my thoughts and I wanted to share them with you.  I guess I now have the weekend to get it worded right.  Your input in this regard has been very valuable.  I always appreciate when someone gets me to re-think something.  What are your plans for the weekend? 
Good morning everyone,

This sun is shining here today and the weather is beautiful..

I also have notice there are less people here on the weekends..I think we all need a little rest on the weekends whether we have to go to work during the week or are retired, life can be very stressful..

So I have decided to try something new and give myself a rest from the forum and the everyday stresses of life on the weekends..

Having a beautiful weekend everybody...

Sid....
Hi Davit... I am having a fine day, thank you.  The weather is sunny and calm here... just lovely. The baby IS napping right now! My dh works every other Sat. (this week is one) so tomorrow is a day totally to myself to do whatever I want.  I am looking forward to doing positive stress reducers... like taking the dogs to the river and just serving pizza for dinner.  This makes me feel very happy.  Hard to believe just a few days ago I felt so awful and lost.  When things get tough, my thoughts just lead me into thinking it is only going to get worse and never end.  I'm glad that you all are showing me that is not true and I hope to prove it to myself again and again, until I have too many positive layers covering that negative belief.  I feel light as a feather today.  
for 13 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~m I see you are visiting.

Good morning to you and I hope you are having a fine morning. The sun is shining and today has the potential to be a fine day if I don't just end up sleeping in the sun.

The weekend is here and I have noticed that some times there are fewer people here on a weekend. I like to think it is because weekends are less stressful. A rest for those that have to work.

Hoping every one has a fine spring week end.

Davit.

Læser dennne tråd: