Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.137 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

Planning for the Return of Depression II

for 15 år siden 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Goofy. It sounds like you are extremely motivated and determined to not go back, so, you won't.
Keep up the great work and keep working through the program.
We're always here to you too

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
for 15 år siden 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know that the some of the tools here helped me with the recent loss of my dad, to keep things in check.  I was/am so afraid of a "relapse".  I keep working on those things that were suggested and continue to work on my current session.  I don't wanna go back.  I don't wanna go back. and  I think I can, I think I can keep it in check (my mantras).  There is something to be said for self-efficacy, but I guess that's part of the self-esteem thing.  I'm working on it.
for 15 år siden 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 I just wish someone would have told me about this when it first happened to me. I thought the idea was to get off the meds and be "cured". Then a year later when my Mom passed and I hit some other stressfull life events, I fell much harder and much farther than before.
for 15 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Planning for the Return of Depression II

As we’ve discussed, if you’ve been depressed once, you’re at increased risk for having another episode of depression. This is probably because stress and depression affect the brain and change how the brain responds to stress. First episodes of depression often follow a very stressful life event while later episodes seem to be triggered by more minor life events. Even if you’re feeling a lot better right now, you may be more vulnerable to stress than you were before you got depressed. The solution is to use CBT techniques to help you manage the stress in your life, even when you’re not depressed!

If you find it helpful, you can use this program for as long as you want, and you can always refer to your Session Diary. We’ll save your Session Diary so you can come back to re-read the information and your session results. You can always come back for more information or more practice.

You don’t notice the early warning signs of depression soon enough

It’s important for you to recognize the early warning signs of depression and to start using the CBT techniques that worked for you in the past sooner, rather than later. If you wait too long, or wait until your depression gets worse, it’ll be harder for you to dig yourself out.

Recognize your early warning signs of depression and have a plan for what you’re going to do if you think that you’re starting to get depressed. Common early warning signs include changes in sleeping and eating, social withdrawal, anger and irritability. What are you going to do if you notice the early warning signs of depression?

You experience a major stressful life event that sets you back

If you experience a major setback such as the loss of a loved one, or your job, or if a relationship ends badly, you may experience a temporary return of depression and a worsening of your symptoms.

Anticipating the return of depression and a worsening of your symptoms will allow you to plan for what you’re going to do if it happens. We have a number of suggestions for what you should do if you experience a setback.

Læser dennne tråd: