Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.104 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee

Be Careful about stopping the Effexor

for 19 år siden 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started out on Effexor, and was tempted to stop it many times. I had every single side effect listed on the label except for the vision problems. After a few weeks of feeling like I was dying, my doctor took me off of that and put me on Zoloft. Switching meds was the worse feeling in the world for me. Not only did I have to deal with the side effects of coming off of a drug, but I had to deal with the side effects for coming on a new drug. Thankfully I have reacted to the Zoloft better, and I'm not feeling any side effects. I've been on the zoloft for a few months now. There will be times when I forget to take it for a day or so, and I can really tell the change in my mood. I get all cranky and just want to bite everyone's head off. but as soon as I take the Zoloft, I'm much better, and my husband can actually live with me without fearing for his life!
for 19 år siden 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My first therapy session is tonight and I am looking forward to it. I truly believe that this will be a big help. I write in a journal and I have started going to church regularly instead of the major holiday's only. I have decided to surround myself with positive energy and keep busy to keep from dwelling on my condition. No I do not wnat to be on meds but if that is what it takes to get better then so be it Thank You everybody this group really helps
for 19 år siden 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Going off of your meds without your doctors knowledge is never a good idea, as I'm sure that you now see. Have you talked to your doctor about your lack of sleep? Maybe he can help with that or change your meds. Have you thought about talking to a therapist or writing in a journal? I find these things helpful. Good luck to you and know that you're not alone.
for 19 år siden 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Coach D- Please never go off your effexor again without talking to your doctor first. This is something that you have to be taken off of slowly so as to reduce those effects that you have felt. Lots of us are tempted to quit taking our meds when we are feeling great but i liken taking them to my husband taking his blood pressure meds. His blood pressure is great but he still needs them. And i still need my anti- depressants. They aren't a cure, they just help me to maintain a better quality of life. Take care of you, Karen
for 19 år siden 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have taken Effexor for about 3 and a half months now and I was feeling great so I decided to stop taking it (without talking to my doctor). The reason that I stopped was the lack of sleep and some other minor side effects. The withdrawl was awful, I was a crying mess and could not get a grip on reality at all. My wife who is pregnant had a tough time keeping me calm so I decided to take the Effexor. Within 2 hours I felt better. I know that I should not have stopped but I was feeling great. I only hope that this is not something that I will have to do my whole life, I would like to be off of it at some point in time down the road

Læser dennne tråd: