Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.104 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee

causes of depression

for 19 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kendy, Great post! It's wonderful to see members utilizing every form of assistance possible. Take Care, Melanie ________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
for 19 år siden 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Many of us would be considered exceptionally bright people. I am well-educated but I know without a shadow of a doubt that had I not sought therapy I would not be here today. My therapist helps me to see the world through someone else's eyes. When all I can see is the pain and the blackness he (figuratively) takes my hand and helps me find my way. He is the one person I can say anything to and it's OK because he has no personal stake in what I do or don't do. He tells me the truth. When I am on the edge and ready to throw it all away, he doesn't turn away or change the subject. But the trick is to find the right therapist and that, from what I understand, can be difficult. You can try, that's all. Therapy is just one more tool to use like religion or friendship or medication or exercise. You want know what any tool can do for you if you never use it.
for 19 år siden 0 283 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
darkmatter As Trish says...put it in God's hands. Just say I believe there is a God who will love me and listen to me. He works in mysterious ways. He may not immediately solve my problems, but He will at least help me carry the burden of my problems. Pray to Him. Write your prayers down. Sometimes this approach works for me. sometimes it doesn't seem to help me much. Its all a matter of faith apparently...but i have been told that the first step is simply to say that you believe in a loving God and that you want to have a relationship with Him. If the relationship is simply between you and God, there doesn't appear to be musch risk to trying this approach. you don't have a bunch of people from organized religion telling you how to behave or what to say. of course the right organized religion might help also, but then the exercise becomes somewhat more complicated. I don't go to church, but I pray and read daily devotionals, sporadically. There's a lot of wisdom and inspiration in the scriptures. for example forgive others and forgive yourself for your failures and shortcomings. we can of course also accept the idea that eventually we will move into heaven, a concept i try to accept but certainly don't attempt to define or analize. bob
for 19 år siden 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Dark Matter, My heart goes out to you. I wish there were easy answers but there aren't. Sometimes it helps me to imagine my goals being met and to act as if I have what I want. How would I be feeling? What would I be doing? Another thing I try,after doing all I can is to put it in God's hands or fate's hands and trust that as long as I keep trying it will come out all right. Trisha
for 19 år siden 0 283 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi darkmatter whats the point of blaming anyone. that doesn't solve problems. ask yourself what you can do about your situation and proceed from there. life offers us a rich variety of options. sometimes we need some help, some input from others. sometimes we have to look at things from a different angle. medication i think often helps, though that might take some experimentation and work. don't just sit there and blame others as you slide into a dark hole. no politician is ever going to help you unless he can garner some public credit for it or realize some votes from his asisantance. i have done some truly amazing stuff on very limited budgets and worked at a great variety of jobs. if you put all your effort into a job and take a very positive approach you will reap rewards....i also wish to add that i have left excellent jobs because i was depressed and now it takes me three times as long to do half the job because of my depression, but despite all that i've made a decent living todate. don't focus on politicians, focus on yourself. politicians take forever to achieve anything. you can take a number of steps towards fighting your depression today. finding this site and posting on it, was indeed a good step forward. i feel for you. i wish you well bob ps...there two sides to the "foreingers taking jobs" debate. some economists advocate free trade as a method of increasing wealth for all who participate. Canadians suffer considerably as the United States increase duties and trade sanctions.
for 19 år siden 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is obsurd only if it doesn't work. What has helped me; among many things; is thinking about problems in a different way; and sometimes I need medications to enable me to do that. My body has a mind of it's own; and my heart has a mind of it's own. When I am in a calmer, brighter mood, (i.e. medications); I can sort it all out better and things don't seem so bad. Treatments aimed at lying to myself don't work. Positive thinking can help, but only if I am calm enough to do it and not let my emotions out of control. There has to be a balance. The problem you are facing right now is probably serious, and logically you are upset about it. But maybe you also have some pain from the past that is coming up now because of that stress. I hope you can talk it out here or with someone. That will help. Taking steps to overcome the problem without the emotional side of it will help too. It might mean having to lower your high expectations of what you are able to do. I bet that even if your political situation is the problem, it cannot be worse than in most other places on this earth. We all have some problem to deal with. Be happy you are highly intelligent, even if nobody else can understand you. It seems to be a recurrent theme in the lives of those who suffer depression. I understand that.
for 19 år siden 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am very depressed and can really do nothing about it. The point of seeking professional help seems absurd to me. How is a therapist going to help me find a job which pays well to support my family? I am well educated, bright and have up to date skills, however the jobs have been leaving the United States while the politicans laugh about it. Sometimes I feel like I have been cursed. So many painful memories. So much pain.

Læser dennne tråd: