Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.105 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee

Medication in Kids and Teens

for 19 år siden 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would adivse you try to do something else and refuse to take anything... I don't know... I was forced onto 10-20 mg of Prozac when I was 11 or 12 and probably close to a year later, I was on 400 mg. After a while they decided that it was no longer giving them the effect they wanted, so they put me on Paxil (same size dose).... that wore off as well. By the time I was 17 I had been switched to yet another anti-depressant (still the 400 mg)... I'm just glad that I was able to get my parents to let me stop, but that was only after I turned 18 and 7 years of the stuff. They said that it was helping with the mood swings and the attitude, but they didn't know or want to know what it was really doing. The feelings that it gave me inside was far worse then anything that depression itself has done to me. I'm so tired of parents thinking drugs for their kids will help them... I'm 21 now and sometimes I feel like I had the chance to be happy taken away because of the meds I was on and my parents not seeing the emotional pain they caused me.
for 19 år siden 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I couldn't agree with you more. I've always felt that the drugs are just masking the deeper issue that needs to be resolved. That's why I've tried to avoid them during my recovery. I need to get back into weightlifting - once I won an amateur bodybuilding competition and felt on top of the world. I think you are on the right track to recovery.
for 19 år siden 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Medicating Adults for mental problems may be fine and are at less risk for going crazy on the meds but with children and teen's brains are still developing. Doctors and other schools are frequently forcing powerful drugs down kids' throats, and another thing, the pharmesutical companies sell these drugs for every one person who needs it and about 50,000 who don't. I know what I'm talking about, I've been down that road, I know it first-hand. I took Straterra for 6 months and felt while concentration was improving, I felt a stong sense of depression. I would get into fights with anyone and as you may have guessed, I got knocked on my butt. After taking the meds, I would fall asleep for about 2 hours or so then I would stay up nearly 18 hours. And those harder mind drugs like Prozac and Ritalin are said to have driven teens and kids over the edge and make them do terible things. I don't feel safe with these powerful drugs in childrens and teens hand. I'm 15 and took Straterra for 6 months when I was 14. If You want to get confidence in children and teens back, you should try to get them to get good at something so they have a sense of real confidence not some drug induced confidence. Like weight lifting, or some other sport that promotes excercise, It would probably do good to help stop the obesity crisis which als can have a hand at causing depression what with the "comfort food" syndrome. We all have personal problems, we can sort them out without having to take these mind altering drugs whether legal or not. What's your view on the use of Mind Altering Drugs on kids and teens?

Læser dennne tråd: