Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.104 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee

PREGNANCY AND DEPRESSION

for 17 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Madara, As mentioned earlier in this post, don't hesitate to consult with your health care provider. Let them know that you are considering starting a family and they will be able to provide you with guidance for the best outcomes for you and your baby and management of your depression. Casey ____________________________ The DC Support Team
for 17 år siden 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm also interested in "depression and pregnancy" theme. I am 24, becoming 25 in August and it is not long time to start to think about a baby.
for 19 år siden 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aingel, I hope you didn't terminate the pregnancy! I have 3 children and am getting ready to start trying for a 4th. I have had depression and anxiety since a teenager about (17yr's old). My last pregnancy 21/2 years ago I completely went off what I was taking at the time Zoloft. I wanted to protect the baby. I was afraid I didn't want to feel bad again. The Dr. told me that alot of the times the hormone shift during pregnancy makes going off med. ok. Well he was right I felt emotionally fine throughout the 10 months of pregnancy. About a year after though I really felt bad; anxiety to the top, could not concentrate, felt out of control as in a dream. I went back on meds. Welburtin and Effexor this time. Have felt great. But now am considering going off again to get pregnant.How are you doing.
for 19 år siden 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey thank JMC, the concern that i have is that b4 i deliver i have to be weened off the meds. to prevent the baby from going through w/drawal and for whatever reason the dr. says i have to b taken off b4 i deliver. i'm sure that i can go back on after that since i dont plan to breastfeed. But still, like isaid i haven't on meds in over a year w/ no episodes..i find out i'm pregnant and here i an again...emotionally unstable and on meds..which i have always hated taking. i've nevver been one to talk to pple or professionals about this...i hate to feel vulnerable...but now i have no choice....AND I HATE IT..AND I HATE BEING PREGNANT. I'M CONSIDERING TERMINATING BUT I KNOW IT WILL PUT AN END TO THE TWO YR RELATIONSHIP THAT I HAVE WITHTHE FATHETWHM I JUST A MONTH AGO MOVED IN WITH- THIS IS JUST TOMUCH TO SOON FOR ME.....
for 19 år siden 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Angel, I'm new here too. I just wanted to share a book that helped me a lot when I first got Depression. Its called "When Words Are Not Enough, the Women's Prescription for Depression and Anxiety" by Valerie Davis Raskin, MD, published by Broadway Books. The author is a psychiatrist who specializes in womens' issues--like pregnancy. Pregnancy does not automatically mean going off meds, your doctor needs to be aware of the importance of all your health issues. I think sometimes doctors in other areas than mental health think these issues are last in line when really they are anything but.
Hey, THANKX FOR THE WORDS OF COMFORT. I LIVE IN NJ. THIS PREGNANCY WASN'T PLANNED AND I'M NOT EVEN SURE IF I WANT TO CONTINUE THIS-IT HAS BROUGHT MY DOWN AND AFFECT ME EMOTIONAL GREATLY. I HAVE BEEN OFF MEDS FOR OVER A YEAR NOW AND DUE TO THIS PREGNANCY I'M BACK ON. A WEEK AFTER FINDING OUT THAT I WAS PREGNANT I HAD AN EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN AND IT WASN'T PRETTY; LUCKILY FOR ME MY MOTHER WAS ABLE TO COME TO MY RESUCE,BUT SHE HAS NEVER SEEN ME THAT WAY. BESIDES MY EMOTIONAL DISTURBED BY THE FACT THAT I'M PREGNANT WITH A BABY I DON'T WANT THE HORMONES IN ME ARE OFF THE WALL NOT HELPING MY FEELINGS AT ALL. I'M 26 AND MY BOYFRIEND OF 2 YRS IS 37 HE HAS NO CHILDREN AND IS REALLY EXITED ABOUT THIS BABY. WE ARE BOTH PROFESSIONALS AND I HAVE A 4YR AT HOME, THIS IS DRAGGING ME OUT AND OUTTING ME INTO A STATE OF WHAT I CALL "BLAHHHH". I'M SCARED OF WHAT IS TO HAPPEN IF I CONTINUE THE PREGANCY (EVENTULLY I WILL HAVE TO OFF THE MEDS IN ORDER TO DELIVER- DR. SAYS I MUST BE WEENED OFF IN ORDER TO PREVENT THE BABY FROMJ GOING THROUGH W/DRAWAL)AND THE POSTPORTUM DEPRSSION. THE ONLY THING GIVING ME ANY RELIEF ARE THESE MEDS WHAT WILL HAPPEN ONCE I CAN NO LONGER DEPEND ON THEM??
for 19 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aingel, It is great that you are already seeking assistance for dealing with your depression while pregnant. I am sure you will be hearing from your fellow site members soon. I just wanted to stress the importance of regular medical follow-up for this, both throughout your pregnancy and after you deliver the baby. Please make sure that your medical provider helps to put you in touch with as much support in your area as possible. I am not sure where you are from, but I do know that here in Ontario there are special clinics and supports available to expectant and new mothers. They provide lots of assistance and guidance to ensure the best possible outcomes for both moms and babies. Please be sure to keep us posted and know that you do not have to feel alone. Casey __________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team Edited on 11/9/2004 @ 4:15:29 PM by the SSC Support Team
HI, I AM CURRENTLY 6 WKS PREGNANT AND FOR THE FIRST TIME I'M DEALING WITH MY DEPRESSION WHILE PREGNANT(THE PREGNANCY IS WHAT TRIGGERED THIS LAST EPISODE).IS THERE ANYONE ELSE WHO CAN OFFER SOME COMFORT OR IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING???

Læser dennne tråd: