Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.106 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: qazxsw1, PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol

Meds and Shift work

for 21 år siden 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Bruce. I work a noon to midnite shift in a hospital on weekends and work days in selfemployment during the week. I have taken WellbutrinSR 150 mg twice a day for nearly 5 years. Well, during the winter, which is the hardest time of year for me with less sunlight available, I have had some difficult days. I noticed that my energy is low, I procrastinate on important things, withdraw from people and situations, don't wake up happy any more, want to stay in bed late and can't get to sleep at nite till the wee hours. I talked to my doc about it and said I thought maybe going back to Zoloft might be helpful. Five years ago I became severely depressed following my smoking cessation. I even returned to smoking to see if I could pull myself out of it,but to no avail. My doc put me on Zoloft and I improved. I had 2 weeks of utter hell with anxiety, and then it suddenly subsided. I improved within a short time. It was only because I wanted to try to quit smoking again that I even suggested Wellbutrin. It helped my depression but not my smoking. It has taken me the best part of 5 years to give up the smokes, but I am hooked on the gum now. Anyhow, my point was to say that depression interferes with sleep just as shiftwork does. It ain't for everybody, including this one here. LOL. I think that perhaps the Wellbutrin I took kept me up till 3, 4 even 5 o'clock in the a.m. after working till midnite and then I could barely drag myself out of bed to go back the next day. I would spend all week long trying to return my sleep pattern to suit the day shift, then the weekend came and I was essentially up all nite on Sat and Sun. Although I have only taken about 12 days of Zoloft and been off the Wellbutrin just a week, I have been falling asleep around midnite every nite this week. I even feel asleep after dinner last nite, woke up briefly, and fell back asleep about 3 hours later. It is subtle. I cannot say for sure that the medication did it,but it seems the only change in my life. It is hopefully a change for the better for me. Like Leslie in the other thread, smoking masked my depression for a long time. I've had problems with anxiety and various states of depression ever since I was a teen, but I didn't realize it until I started taking the Zoloft 5 years
for 21 år siden 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bruce, I deffinately have nightmares when my sleeping patterns are irregular. It makes me not want to sleep only making matters worse. Working out before I go to bed at least 3-4 hours before or streching about 1-2 hours before helps me rest a little better. I've also read that the noise(s) you are surrounded by while you sleep can affect your dreams. Are your sleeping environments quite, dark and comfy?
for 21 år siden 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm a shift worker, I recently stopped taking effexor 150mg...I was having horrific nightmares that would leave me almost suicidal... I am presently experiencing withdrawl, nervousness, anxiety, racing thoughts...etc..etc..my doctor has put me on Paxil, which i started 2 days ago... It seems that there is not much research on the effects on shift workers... I feel I am constantly trying to adjust my sleep, and found the side effects of the pills (effexor) only complicated matters..

Læser dennne tråd: