Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.761 emner i 47.061 indlæg

160.841 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: iloveludlow, maddshp, Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991

question about challenging thoughts

for 17 år siden 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rowan, just a quick message to say I am thinking of you ... I too am experiencing depression and because I had to move to another state when I got married, I do not have my friends around me ... I know what it is like to be at a loss for female friends - I think they are so valuable! And if you have had them before (like I did in before I moved here and it sounds like you did in college), it is even harder to be without. I am just starting the program, but maybe you would like to keep in touch. I know it can't replace an "in-person" friendship :), but I wanted you to know you are not alone. Thinking of you ... Amy
for 17 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rowan, Thank you for sharing. You need to express your feelings to your friend and let them know they are hurting you. Some people do not realize what they are doing and they may be hurting others. Continue on with the program and also use the CBT buddies to connect with others. You also want to use other avenues to meet new people. Except invitations out and prepare for them. Volunteering is also very rewarding, you can make a difference and meet new people. Check with your local hospital or community center. The members will be along shortly to also help you out :) Keep Strong, Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team.
for 17 år siden 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I am working through the program and I have got stuck and am wondering if anyone can help me??? Basically, I am filling out the depressive thoughts recording forms and keep coming to a full stop. For example, I usually get negative thoughts when I talk to a girl that I know. She always finds a way to put me down and leave me out of things that she's planning and I think she enjoys doing so, she really is not a good positive person to have around. I always have the thought after I talk to her that I am unlikeable and have no real girl friends around me to support me. my thought to challenge is therefore that I have no real decent female friends which I really crave and miss as I had great friends at school but they have all moved away and have their own lives. It's not the same as having them close by. I do not know how to challengee this thought as its so totally true. My depression has meant that I have not been able to make new friends within the area ive been in for 3 years now, infact a lot of the girls round here do not like me through no fault of my own. I fell in with a bad group of people and now am very lonely and isolated as they have decided I'm not one of them. I desperately need some friends and want to challenge the thought that im worthy of having some but I know i dont have any and i cant change that. I've tried hard to make new ones but everyone is so happy with their existing friends i cant break into their groups. I have offered to help them out with things and while they sometimes take me up on it they really dont extend anything else. I dont see how I can recover from these depressive thoughts when they're so totally true and there is no evidence to challenge them. I have tried getting out and meeting new people but noone is interested at my age. How can I make myself feel okay about being lonely when ive tried already? Im progressing very well in other areas of my life due to the program and have a loving family and boyfriend so i never feel to bad to carry on but I keep on finding that im getting depressive thoughts about being left out and talked about and disliked by the girls that I know and I know that's a real, true thought that I can back up with evidence so how can i move forward adn be happy. I think the thing that

Læser dennne tråd: