Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.138 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

lost in a familiar place

for 19 år siden 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
the only problem with seeing a doctor is that i don't trust them. i won't talk to my friends about my problems, why would i talk to someone who is only there to listen b/c i'm paying them? maybe i'm just being difficult about all this, but i don't like talking about things where people can judge me. it's funny, b/c i'm like you; i'm very outgoing and always in the center of things. it's rough b/c i'm so boisterous, but i can't stand having people pay attention to me. it's really weird. my "bubbly nature" takes over and i just go on and on, and then later i scrutinize how i was acting; was i being too loud? was i being obnoxious? everyone was looking at me- were they making fun of me? it's horrible b/c i feel so conflicted.
for 19 år siden 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i didn't talk to my parents about it either when i started feeling depressed either. i didn't think that they would understand about it. i too was used to masquerading as a "normal" person whatever that is; in fact i took it to extremes. i was the one who always made everybody else laugh. it was finally my family doctor who noticed that something wasn't quite right- that i wasn't my usual happy self and he precribed some anti depressants to me. this was over 20 years ago. i took them for awhile and then convinced myself i was fine. a few years after that i switched family doctors and he put me on an anti depressant and sent me to a therapist. i couldn't afford the therapy and got in over my head. so i quit going and quit the meds. it wasn't until i got married that i told my husband that i needed some help- by then i was majorly depressed. i guess my point is that i tried for alot of years to do it on my own and it worked for awhile but every depressive episode got worse. i was embarrassed being how i was. i felt guilty for the way i treated other people when i was depressed. i felt guilty for being not normal. do you maybe have a doctor that you can see? alot of cities have community mental health centers. i wish that you wouldn't feel guilty or embarrassed. depression is usually caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain- it is nothing that you caused. it can be helped. i will always be here to listen to you. and yes i do care. Karen
Karen: thanks for your post. just the fact that someone responded helps. i'm 21 years old and i suppose i could talk to my parents about it, but i'm embarrassed that i feel this way, and i worry that they would just be disappointed. i'd feel guilty if i made them worry about me. and i don't want to deal with their questions. i had tried talking with one of the shrinks at my college, but all he cared to talk about was the money i would have to give them (even though their services were supposed to be free) and he kind of ruined my image of shrinks. i know it's wrong, but what if they're all like that? and how do you tell? of course, this could all just be a cop out, b/c i feel like i should be able to deal with this on my own. i don't know. it's just all very confusing... but thank you so much for saying you care. it helps, it really does.
for 19 år siden 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i think your problems are as real as anybody else's here. i'm glad you came to this site and decided to write about them. i remember a time feeling sort of like you say you do. and i know it hurts when you feel as though there is no one you can talk to about it. you didn't say how old you are. if you can't talk to your parents about how you are feeling, can you maybe talk to your doctor or a counselor at school? please don't feel guilty for the feelings you are having- they are your feelings and they can't be right or wrong; you have every right to them. please come back and write more- i would like to hear more from you. i understand and i care. Karen
for 19 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Comic Sans MS]i pretended all my life. i was diagnosed and put on meds just a few years ago. whenever i am out..i pretend. thats whenever i can . having to pretend and never really be the 'unhappy' i am is/was so tiring. [/font][color=Green]about the time i was diagnosed ,,i also found support groups. it felt soooo good to actually talk about how i really felt. i wasn't alone. and mostly..i didn't hear poo poo like 'snap out of it' and other dumb things like that. others had similiar feelings. that hour a month at each support group (i was in 2) helped me feel 'better' so i could go on ....'pretending' (just living like 'normal') when needed. [/color] anything to keep on going on!
i'm not sure what to put here, or why i'm even doing it. i guess i'm just feeling like i'm running out of options. everyday is such a painful event that i always feel like i should stop whatever it is i'm doing, and just lay down and die. i'm tired of the routine, i'm tired of the fronts, pretending i'm ok when i'm screaming on the inside. i have no way to express any of this, b/c no one i know understands. my life seems to be run by guilt. i get up, eat breakfast, go to school, study, listen to people's problems, everything a normal person would do, but what i would really like to do is go home and crawl into bed. but i don't. b/c i'm consumed with guilt otherwise. guilt of making people worry about me, guilt of wanting to give up, guilt i would feel if i failed as a human. i even feel guilty posting this, making other people with real problems reading my self centered whining. i just didn't really have any place else to go, and that if anyone would understand, it would be here.

Læser dennne tråd: