Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.138 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

Wish it would stop

for 19 år siden 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kobe, Ask all the questions you want ... that's why we are here. To answer your question about side effects from Cymbalta, I have to say I have not noticed any. I'm seeing a psychiatrist. He has prescribed the medication along with cognitive therapy. I will have to take the medication for the rest of my life as I have an illness, just like diabetes, etc. I really have no problem with this because I have no wish to ever feel like life has no meaning again. I can so relate to being homesick. Every morning I wake up, I feel it, but I remind myself ... this is only temporary ... we will be going home someday soon. Bea
for 19 år siden 0 283 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kobe you sound like a beautiful person, inside and outside. i send you my support and empathy. sounds like you married a wonderful man. when i was about your age i backpacked my way all the way around the world, with very limited funds. since then i have sampled liberally from the buffet table of life. its wise to deal with your depression early. i have let it go without adequate treatment. it has really slowed me down and caused me a lot of pain. the professionals in the marines should be able to help you considerably take care. bob
for 19 år siden 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bea, It's sure is nice to know that I am not the only one. I am kind of afriad to go on medication. Does yours have any side affects, and how does it work? Did you see a regular doctor or someone that specializes in depression? Sorry for all the questions. I can really relate to you about moving across country away from the only home you know of. I moved to four different states all in less than a year! I was going crazy! On top of that, when I lastely arrived to california, I had to deploy to Iraq in 2003. I am now starting to add up events that occured to me, and understanding how they are contributing to my depression. I am seeing how much stuff I went through, and it's taking a toll on me. I am happy to hear that you are doing better, I think that is good you see it as an adventure about being away from home. I will try to do that, because I get soo homesick for my family. I will also look into what medications will be right for me, maybe I will be less nervous to take them. Thanks for encouraging words! :)
for 19 år siden 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kobe, Your story is mine almost exactly, except for the Marine Corps (which, by the way, is something to be proud of). I've suffered from depression since I was a child, but never really put a label on it until I just recently sought therapy. I'm here to tell you, there is hope and you can feel better. I've finally accepted (with the help of my doctor) that I have an illness and it is treatable. I am on a wonderful medication (Cymbalta) and feeling so much better. Last month I was suicidal. I felt worthless. My doctor has helped to see that even though I have had clinical depression (most likely since I was a child), I managed to develop coping methods. It is only when my depression spins out of control that I really take notice. My husband and I recently had to move across country because of his job. I had to leave the only real home I've ever known to a strange place that I know no one and nothing is familiar. I left my family behind and all my friends. This sent my depression off the charts. I thought I was dying. Today, I am still homesick, but I can look at this as an opportunity to explore a new place and when it is time to retire, we will return to our home. This has now become an adventure instead of a death sentence. I hope this will encourage you to seek professional help. There is hope if you are willing to ask for it. This site is filled with people that understand how you are feeling. You are not alone. Good Luck!
Hmsher, Thank you for your advice, it's helpful. I am trying to always say thank you to my husband when he compliments me. Instead of saying yeah right or rolling my eyes at him like I usually do. He's told me he hates that and it hurts him when I do. I will do my best to thank him! About the marines, I have been in for 3 years now. I joined to better myself and to get away from home to experience new things. It bettered me by making me realize how special my parents are and my siblings. Before I went into the marines, I basically wanted nothing to do with my family. Now, they are one of my top priorities, besides my husband. But the marines gave me some very bad experiences as well, which it doesn't help with my depression, well, I still need to go to the doctor to see what exactly is wrong. Oh yeah, I am not kicked out too, I have 1 year left! yay!
Hi, First off, congrats on taking that first step. I had a physical yesterday and debated about asking my doctor about treatments. We talked for a bit and he gave me some things to read and we will meet in a month. However, one or things I would like to point out to you is that you are talking to your husband. So, you do have someone to talk to. If he is saying you need help, I believe this to be a sign that he is supportive. Thus, despite the arguements, he must love you and care about you. Perhaps you wonder why he does. I wonder why people love me. But maybe we just be ok with that they do. When your husband complements you, say thank you. Even if you don't believe it or agree with it. I think the more we say thank you the more we will start believing (granted this is something I've yet to do). But I can tell you that in Judaism (not pushing faith by any means) the Jews told God, when preparing for the 10 commandments "We will do." Thus without understanding what was "to do" they agreed. The point I am trying to make is that sometime there needs to be action before understanding. My question is why did you become a marine? I don't know how long you have been in, but if you are still in (not gotten kicked out) something must be going right. Good for you.
HEllo, This is my first time doing something like this, I hope it helps me. I am 21 years old and married. Last week I took a big step for myself, I went to my medical and asked to talk to a doctor about my depression. Growing up, I never was able to do that. I was suppose to see a doctor last friday, but I couldn't make it because I was required to do this stupid 8 mile hike for my work. My work is a mistake I think, I am in currently in the marine corps. I was really looking foward to that appointment. I think I have a depression, maybe a major one. I have had it since I was a child growing up. Now, I think it's getting worse. Everyday I put myself down, thinking I am worthless and no good. I always think I am ugly and fat, even though my husband tells me I am beautiful everyday and that I have the best body. There are times I wish I would fall asleep and never wake up, hoping I will go "upstairs" by my grandpas. I am so sick of feeling like this. This isn't only affecting myself, but my husband as well. He told me that I need to get help, and he told me how this is hurting him. We get into arguements, a couple of them have been bad, but other ones are over something stupid. I am not sure if maybe I have mood disorder or something like that. Because I do get irrated very easily over little things. My husband also points out that I will be in such a good mood, very happy and laughing, than all of sudden I turn very moody and get upset, and mad at my husband. I just want to get better, I want to be happy, not sad no more. I have always wondered if I am the only person like this. I hope not. If anyone has encouraging words to say, or advice, I would love to hear them! It helps when I talk, over the weekend I told my mom about my situation for the first time, and it felt so good to talk to someone. ~~~April

Læser dennne tråd: