Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.760 emner i 47.060 indlæg

160.798 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

I need help

for 13 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Absolutely!

Kind of like when adults write in their journals to help pinpoint triggers. By comparing notes with the day care provider you might come across some similar points.

Hope this helps,

Josie, Health Educator
for 13 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Josie,
Do you mean that I should write down what's going on when she lashes out and then get my sitter to try doing the same? This sounds like a great idea.
Thanks,
Rowsie
Thanks greg_c. I really needed some encouragement.

I spoke to my husband about the way I was feeling and he was very good. He even told me to go and write a thought record. When I told I had started, he helped me to think of more reasons why this is not true and an alternative thought as well.

Evidence this thought is not true: She's two and probably going through a phase; She doesn't live in an abusive environment; We love her lots.

Alternative thought: She's going through the terrible two's. Her brother had a similar phase when he was four and he grew out of it. Even though she is worse, she will grow out of it, too.
for 13 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rowsie,

You are a great parent! 

Greg is right!  Children go through many stages and they may be trying to test you.  Work together with your day care provider and be consistent in discipline, this way all the rules are the same.

Keep up the journal and ask your day care provider to do the same.  Are there any similarities or certain things that may be setting your daughter on this course?

Josie, Health Educator
for 13 år siden 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This isn't necessarily the sign of a problem. Kids go through stages, they change, they aren't always what we may want. It all OK. What should you do about your daughter? Love her.

Greg
I need some help challenging a rather large negative thought. When I went to pick up my daughter at her babysitters, I learned that she had three timeouts and wouldn't listen to her sitter today. She was pushing and hurting the smaller kids. I started to cry on the way home and all I could think was that it was my fault. It's my fault that my daughter is a bully.

I started a thought record as soon as I got home. I have now trouble with the ABCD but the EF are new to me this week. I had no trouble with the evidence supporting the thought: She hurts the kids at the sitter's house. She doesnt listen to her sitter. She even hits me sometimes. The evidence that it is not true is not coming very easy however. All I have is that I didn't teach her this behaviour. I also can't think of alternative thoughts.

Please someone help me. I feel terrible.

Rowsie

Læser dennne tråd: