Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.760 emner i 47.060 indlæg

160.798 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Angry

for 12 år siden 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Blue_eyes...  you have my sympathies.  You seem like such a kind and caring person... I wish your living arrangements could be easier.  But they are not and here you are... still coping with strength and dignity even if it doesn't feel like it.  Please do what you can to care for yourself too.  I hope your daughters are both able to enjoy the day.  I am sending you wishes and hopes and prayers for continued strength and courage.  I don't think luck has much to do with it.  

For a time, I had a hand in raising two step-daughters whose mother was an addict, living on the streets, yet popping in from time to time.  I was there for them when they buried her.   Unfortunately, the marriage did not last and I did not stay available to the girls.  I do know the acting out, anger and sadness that comes with the territory.  You sound like the amazing, intelligent, caring bonus mom ... I wish I could have been.  
((((((blue-eyes))))) gentle cyber hugs coming your way if that is ok.  
for 12 år siden 0 11223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Blue_eyes,

Welcome back. Thank you for posting honestly about how you are feeling.  It sounds like you are having very real feelings in a difficult situation. I can hear there might be a lot of guilt in what you are feeling. Remember, it is very difficult if not impossible to control your feelings but you can control your thoughts and behaviours. It sounds like you already have some great ideas on how to change your behaviour in order to hopefully change heres. Talking to her therapist is a good idea in trying to determine how to better set boundaries. However, it also sounds like your step daughter has issues that may prevent her reacting as she may want to react to you. It is also important to understand that you cannot control how someone else reacts to you. But you can control how you view their reaction.

What perspective do you want to take in regards to this? How do you want to see your daughter? How do you want to see your position with your daughter? I am not sure why your step daughter is seeing a therapist but if it is due to any disorder or illness remember that this may not be your step daughter talking to you the way she is; it is the illness. If she was healthy I am sure she wouldn't talk to you the way she does. If you were in her situation how would you want someone else to view your actions?  Remember you have a choice in how you view this situation - this in turn can change how it makes you feel.

Ashley, Health Educator
for 12 år siden 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I haven't been on the site for over a year, I've generally been doing really well. Lately though, I've been having bad thoughts again. I keep thinking about how much I hate my step daughter. I think that I want her to just go to hell and I sware at her in my head. I don't want to be so angry with her. I tell her that the way she treats me is wrong andi don't like it. I tell her that her behavior is bad, I tell her I love her. I know deep down I do, but she is so cruel to me sometimes. I don't want to go back to the darkness again. I want to be happy. I know that today she was acting out because it's my daughters birthday tomorrow and she is jealous that all the attention will be on her sister and not her. I know this because she told us that she hates that it's her sisters birthday tomorrow and she won't be getting any attention. Is it ok to be so angry with her? I keep trying to love her, but she pushes back so hard. I feel like I am living with an abuser sometimes. I did a thought record and feel a better. It difficult though because I know that for the next two days she'll act like the devil in discuise. My plan is to tell her my expectations, tell her the consequences for bad behavior and try super hard to enjoy myself regardless of her poison. Wish me luck, strength and courage! I also emailed her therapist for suggestions on what I can do/say to her. She needs help too.

Læser dennne tråd: