Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.110 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: monopolygou4gm, qazxsw1, PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83

Just a little bit more detail

for 18 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again sunflower, "What is realistic for me might be unrealistic for someone else!!" You are correct! What may seem like a totally unattainable goal for someone else may seem really easy for you! That is what I meant in my previous post about making your goals meaningful for you. By unrealistic, we mean, something that may seem way too overwhelming to achieve at this stage of the program. If a goal is unrealistic and therefore unattainable, it will not provide you with the types of experiences you need to progress through the program. Remember, you can always work up to bigger goals. Let the smaller ones build up your strength and courage and determination. The more you gain from each experience, the more coping mechanisms you can build. Hope this clarifies it a little better. Don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any questions or concerns. Take care, Casey ____________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
for 18 år siden 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Casey, thank you for the bit of advice. I would like to ask you how you define realistic/unrealistic that's where my problem lies. What is realistic for me might be unrealistic for someone else!! thanks
for 18 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lily and sunflower, It is great to hear from you both! I was following your posts and just wanted to offer some encouragement. Please don't fret too much over rating your goals or feeling that some are too small to count. Remember, every goal achieved, no matter how big or small they may seem, is a step in the right direction. You are both taking the initiative which is fantastic! Take the program slow. Work through at your own pace. Do it so that it is most meaningful for you. Keep us posted, Casey ____________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
Yes, Lily, I feel the same about my goals and although it's almost the end of the week and I should have set them already I haven't. I would like to have an explanation about 'reality', what is it exactly? I'm trying very hard not to be me, but a practical and uncritical person. Although questions come into my mind anyway I do my best to ignore them. May be I have misunderstood the whole thing, I don't know. I would like to find a balance between being me and changing my behaviour but it seems very hard as my behaviour is part of me and the way I am. Can I ask you what artistic kind of work you do? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. take care
for 18 år siden 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Sunflower - yes that is how I feel too about the program and the homework. I am not sure what goals to set - some of them seem to be less concrete than others, such as "change the way I think", which isn't exactly a workable goal! I guess it's hard to have confidence in the exercises, because I feel like I have failed at goals before, and am in a negative frame of mind about my life. I will just have to try and see, and try not to put myself down. That's the hardest part for me. Please keep posting how you're doing!
Hi Lily, thank you for writing back. Yes, it would be nice to compare how we are doing, I don't mean comparing in a competitive way, of course, anyway you know what I meant. Sometimes I have real probelms tying to decide what to do and if I'm doing the right things. Like, this is my 2nd week and I should have decided already what my goals are going to be but I keep changing them becouse some seem to easy and it feels a bit like cheating and the ones I would like to achieve are may be a bit unrealistic. So I get stuck and I do nothing. What about you, how are you finding it? I hope you have a good day.
for 18 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lily, The Depression Center offers personalized, interactive tools that have helped thousands of people challenge and overcome their depression. If you look to the left of the screen under "PROGRAM TOOLS" you'll find our Depression Test, Session Diary, CBT Buddies and our Depression Program. Why a Depression Test? The purpose of our Depression Test is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. What is a Session Diary? Your Session Diary is your Depression Program "Control Center." Your Session Diary contains all of your tools, worksheets and results as you move through each of the 16 Sessions in the Depression Program. Online Support? CBT Buddies? Our CBT Buddies and Online Support Group allows you to have some anonymous assistance when dealing with depression. The CBT Buddie and Online Support Group is offered on a 24-hour basis and allows you to communicate with others like you around the world. CBT? The core of The Depression Center is our Depression Program which is an interactive, 16-session cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)course. When using cognitive behavioral therapy, each person has unique goals in their treatment. Whatever your motivation, cognitive behavioral therapy is a very effective treatment for depression. You can use the tools whether or not you are taking medication, and whether or not you are currently seeing a therapist or mental health professional. The Depression Program has a number of tools and resources to help each individual overcome their depression and win. We hope you find the help you need within The Depression Center. If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding our site or with depression please click the "CONTACT US" link at the bottom of the page. We're open to any questions or concerns you may have. Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team.
Thank you for you reply to my post. I think it's interesting that your name here is Sunflower - it is so cheery and inspiring a plant! Since we're both starting at about the same time, we can compare our experiences. Yes, being artistic makes it difficult to find the right fit in the working world - I have had to have jobs to support me that were not interesting or challenging. That's why I've thought I should retrain in school for something that would be, but my depression gets in the way of my having any real sense of the future. Perhaps you've felt that? I will try this program and see how I do - I hope I can stick with it. And I hope you can too, and that you get some benefit from it, and feel better. Thanks for replying.
Hi Lily, This is my second week. Like you I'm finding very hard to motivate myself and do things just for the sake of it. I know how it feels trying to enjoy things when you couldn't care less about anything. I'm also 'artistically' inclined but that makes me feel even more like a failure as I know I don't easily fit in other working environment. Is that a problem for you as well? I hope you'll fell better soon. I'm going to try this program till the end, becouse I'm so fed up with being sad! take care
I just posted my introduction, which was quite brief. I think I want to share and seek suggestions about my intense feelings of failure. I think that, because I'm older and have struggled with this for so long, I won't get out of it. And I have terrible guilt and shame about being this way, and feel that I've lost so much time and life experience to it. My daughter is home for the summer, and I hate that she can see me struggle. It makes me feel she cannot have any respect for me. She has told me she just wants me to stop feeling depressed and inferior. I don't know how I'll do at this program. I tried cbt last year for several months, but didn't feel better until I got new medication in my system. My mother was schizophrenic most of my childhood, and institutionalized until I was in my teens, and I worry I have a 'touch' of her illness, which expresses itself in deeply held distorted thoughts that just seem entrenched and immovable. I score high on the depression test - I especially believe I deserve to be punished. Challenging these beliefs with alternative thoughts seems impossible. I recently left a job that was very unfulfilling - now I have to find another job, and am terribly worried about it. I have thought I should go back to school, but that seems like just a fantasy. Feeling like I do, I can barely manage my simple existence - how would I possibly be able to feel energized and motivated enough to go to school? I am also an artist, but have lost my sense of that, too. I would appreciate any comments from people my age, with kids, and in hearing how the family deals with this kind of situation. I feel so much guilt for being this way. My best friend was just diagnosed with lung cancer and is in treatment - he is not depressed. How dare I be depressed? Thank you for listening to my story. And good luck to everyone out there.

Læser dennne tråd: