Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.114 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: monopolygou4gm, qazxsw1, PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83

Hello

for 17 år siden 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Edgarp, Welcome to the Depression Center and thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you both have a lot to work through together and I'm glad to hear you'll be getting outside help in addition to the work you'll do here. Please begin working through our CBT program. As you progress you'll learn a lot about depression and the effects on various areas of your life from the way you spend your time, your relationships with other people and how you communicate. If you have any questions, just ask. We are always here to help. Keep us posted. Danielle _____________________ The DC Support Team
for 17 år siden 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mmasseychase, and thanks for the input. We've definitely thought a lot about everything that we have to deal with in order for this relationship to work, and we've decided that the best approach is to start over. My girlfriend told me that she needs time to figure out how she really feels about me so we're taking a break from living together. It's not a break so that we can see other people, just a break from each other. Fortunately she has no interest in forming a romantic relation with the father of the child, and I accept the fact that he wants to be a part of the child's life. My girlfriend has told me that she wants to be with me, but not if the relationship continues to be a bad one, and I agree with her. It is definitely best for the children. I am optimistic about starting over with her. I think some time apart will give us a chance to realize why we fell in love in the first place. And in addition to spending some time apart, we will also be attending couples counselling to work on some of our problems. Thanks again for your input.
for 17 år siden 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ed, Thought I would reply to your post as no-one else has yet. Relationships are always really hard work. It sounds like you and your girlfriend have a huge journey ahead of you if you are going to stick this out together - are you definitely 110% committed to whatever is going to come up? How is the father of her child going to affect your relationship going forward? Are you both going to be able to let go of everything that has happened in the past, her bads and your bads? There is a huge number of things you will need to consider before definitively saying that you'll stick by her. Have you thought about counselling or therapy of any sort? Maybe it will help you to sit down and talk all of these things through objectively - that way it may not seem so overwhelming. Perhaps even try writing - ask yourself a question like why do I feel like I'm having a breakdown? Because I'm going through a really tough time. What's going on that is tough at the moment? My girlfriend is pregnant to someone else & she cheated on me. How does this make me feel? Angry, scared, guilty etc. Why are you angry/scared/guilt etc? What are you going to do about it? How can you let go of this? What do you need to do to feel better about it? I hope that this helps you a little - different things work for different people, this is just what has helped me in the past. You always have the support group here plus there are load of other forums and support groups online and I'm sure in your area. Take care
for 17 år siden 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am 27 years old, and for the first time in my life I feel like I'm going to have a breakdown. I've never really had to deal with any real hard-ships in my life, but recently I was told by my girlfriend that while I was away working she had an affair and is now pregnant for another man. She admits that it was a terrible mistake and is genuinely sorry for the pain that she has caused me. I forgive her and I plan to stay with her through all of this. It still hurts to know what has happened and I can't help feeling guilty because of the way our relationship has been in the past. For a very long time I didn't make her feel wanted or loved, and she has been suffering from depression because of this. She tells me that the only reason the affair happened was because it made her so happy to feel wanted by someone. We have a lot ahead of us in order to make this relationship work and I am just looking for any support that I can get.

Læser dennne tråd: