Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.761 emner i 47.061 indlæg

160.839 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Hello

for 13 år siden 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jade and welcome.  So glad that you are here and going to check out the program.  I consider myself a success as a result of the program.  I'm not completely depression free but it is manageable now as opposed to several years ago.  Fortunately, I didn't have as severe a problem with depression until I was 41 or 42.  And with that came some other health issues. It is very frustrating to have to deal with both simultaneously.  It is also very difficult when the medical professionals can't seem to help you find an answer.  I bet I shouldn't say this here, but sometimes you've got to be your own doctor.  What I mean by that is keep looking for answers on the internet, books, talking to people with comparable problems and telling your story.  You might find (as I did) a resource to get help for a health problem that no one around here could "fix".  However, I found in another town medical professionals who dealt with the issue and were able to "fix" it.  It was treatable.  So hang in there - there is hope.  You've also come to the right place to get some help in working through your depression and getting support from a great group of moderators and other people with comparable issues.  I hope you decide to utilize all the resources available here.

lilyelsa,  I'm also glad that you are here and as with Jade hope you utilize the resources as well.  This has been scientifically proven to be the most successful method of treating Major Depression than any other form of therapy.  Cognitive Behavioral Therapist are few and far between.  Having a therapist to talk to is important, I think, but I utilize this program in conjunction with that, took/take my homework with me and use it as a basis for discussions and issues.  You might try that.

I look forward to more posts from each of you.  We all learn from each other despite our differences.  We do share a common problem.

for 13 år siden 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Jade.

I'm new to this site too and I'm never really sure what to say either. It's odd feeling like you have something in common  and someone to talk to when you have no idea who the person is. I know how you feel though, I've had clinical depression since I was sixteen, and although I am only on weak meds. I have been through all the councilling that the NHS can provide. Nothing worked for more than a few weeks, so I find myself here. No one quite knows what to do with me to be honest... suggestions welcome lol.
What you've been through sounds so hard to deal with. I've never had to go through that, and I reckon the fact that you're still trying is credit to you.

Chin up :)
for 13 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jade,

Welcome to our support community.  Thank you for sharing your story and coming to the site for help.  We have an amazing program that was designed by doctors and its free.  You can begin anytime and look for all the great knowledge and support.  The program is meant to be followed slowly and it can make a difference.

Post with the support group and let them lend a hand, they do know where you are coming from and they can share knowledge and experience with you.

We are always here for assistance, so don't hesitate to post.

Josie, Health Educator
for 13 år siden 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I thought that I would introduce myself, as I just joined today. I'm 24 years old, a female, diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and, lately, what appears to be an anxiety disorder, although I've no official confirmation on that as of yet. I've battled depression for years, had two hospital stays after some awful stressors, (the death of my best friend following on the heels of the end of a relationship), and a little over a year later, here I am. 

My doctor just started me on a regimen of Prozac and Klonopin, which so far seems to be helping. At least, I don't feel the dark bottom of the well as often as I did before - but it's only been a week, so I'm still testing the waters with these new meds. I'm in therapy, which helps to have someone to talk to. 

I also have a condition known as New Persistent Daily Headache, which basically means I have a headache that never goes away. This has been with me for over a year, and I am right now trying to get disability because it affects my ability to work. This is just my little introduction; feel free to ask any questions if you like, not really sure what all to include here.

Læser dennne tråd: