Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.106 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: qazxsw1, PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol

Hi

for 12 år siden 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley, thanks for your reply. I know you are right in many ways....I keep telling myself things will be better and something will come out. But very time I get a rejection from a job it takes me more and more time to recover. The last one was so close....two finalists, I was one of them. I have more experience than the person they hired and I' also fluent in the three languages they were asking for, while she has only two. It is very difficult to not to feel defeated when this happens. 
I have a friend who has been also looking for a job for a year now too. I feel I can't tell her anything positive and I hate that because I know she also needs the support. I guess I could tell her everything will be ok, that she has the experience and she will find something....but I just don't think I believe that anymore, not for me not for anyone.
I feel I'm running out of ideas and that's the hardest part. Feeling that I have done everything and nothing worked....feeling I have no place to move forward.
I started the program last night and I'm now taking notes of my feelings and scoring how depressed I am at different times of the day. I really hope the program can help me to have a different attitude.....I hate to think I'm driving people away because I'm so negative all the time.

Any way, thanks a lot  for listening and for the advice.

for 12 år siden 0 11226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome ateles1976,

You have come to the right place.  This program will help you take control of the depression.  If you put the work in you will see results. We are all here to help you through it.

It sounds like you are in a stifling situation right now. Being unable to find work can be very difficult and can certainly play a number on ones self esteem. The good news is getting a hold of the Depression will help. Once you are more positive about the future you would be surprised how doors start to open up.  Despite the depression the reality is you are a highly educated individual who certainly will be successful with some time.  Right now it might be overwhelming and discouraging to think about but I have a feeling if the depression was not an issue you might find this situation exciting and hopeful.  We can help you get there.

If you had a close friend or loved one in a situation like you are in now, what advice would you give them? How would you view thier situation? What do you think you would want to tell them?

Ashley, Health Educator
for 12 år siden 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I'm new in this site so I guess I will start by saying a little about what brought me here. I have suffering of chronic depression and anxiety for several years now. For a very long time I went to therapy but refused to take any medication. Early this year I had the worst depression yet and I finally agreed to give medication a try, which was not really a good idea....at least not for me.... yes, it made me stop crying, but also made me stop feeling....everything, the good and the bad. So I quit recently. I'm still seeing my therapist but I want to give this a try.

I'm a scientist, I spent 29 of my 35 years of life in school. Getting my PhD last year was suppose to be the end of a long time of uncertainty and anxiety, but I graduated and ended up myself without a job....apparently I spent so much time in school that I didn't get enough "real" experience, although I spent the last 10 years of my life working in the field, traveling and getting myself the knowledge about the issues in the ground, but I never had a desk in an office and that appears to be more important for recruiters. So it's been over a year now and I haven't been able to land a long term job...Any way, I jus feel like my life has been a huge waste of time...I feel embarrassed and kind of a loser. I have always been very social and now I don't even want to interact with anyone. 

But I have to say that this is the first site I find that appears to follow the science and base the program on actual research, which I really like and works better with my way of thinking. I just want to feel normal again, or at least hopeful....that would be a very nice start.

Thank you...

Læser dennne tråd: