Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.106 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: qazxsw1, PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol

Intro and hello

for 12 år siden 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi GabsBaxter, 

I also want to welcome you to the PC community!  You've found a very supportive group to reach out to for tips and advice on your journey to better health.  It's great that you are diligently seeking support and additional therapy in an outpatient group program. 
Keep posting with us and let us know how you find the program!

Here for you,
for 12 år siden 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Gabs... I am so impressed with your focus and determination.  This is, indeed, going to take you far.  Sounds like I don't need to tell you to utilize all that this site has to offer.  As Josie has already stated, you have found a good resource here at the DC.  I'm glad you found us and are so ready to get to work.   Like Eleveno, I am grateful for finding the tools and encouragement to help myself out of the depression and anxiety... so empowering!  Lots of support here.  Thanks for posting your intro... we are glad to have you here.
for 12 år siden 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gabsbaxter,

Welcome to the forums! You want to get better which is already so important. CBT has been really great with me and after a rought period I have my depression controlled. This was not possible only with medication.

You have a great CBT program here and this support group for help with the CBT. What I enjoy most about CBT is that the main objective of this therapy is to give one the tools to be their own therapist without being so much dependent on other people.

for 12 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gabs,

Welcome to our community.  Very impressed by the amount of support and drive you have for getting through this.  You are definitely on the right track so keep moving!

Do take the time to write down those thoughts and everyday occurrences in our mood tracker or diary.  This may shed some light on what you are unable to pinpoint.  Posting with us  is very therapeutic, so do it often.  The members here are amazing and can lend support and experiences with you.

Don't hesitate to ask questions and don' hesitate to post.

We look forward to assisting you.
Josie, Health Educator
for 12 år siden 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, everyone -
I'm GabsBaxter. I'm a 40 year old professional woman - an educator. I'm married and have no kids, but I have a great immediate family that is loving and supportive.
 I was diagnosed with depersonalization anxiety/clincical depression when I was 21 years old. I haven't had an episode in 6 years; I have been taking Paxil for 10 years and have had a huge amount of success on it.
So - I am now in the first major depressive episode I've had in years and year. I have sufficently scared the behjingles out of myself by letting panic take over.
I went to the ER on Tuesday to try to get my Paxil upped to 50 mg, but that didn't help. They didn't do it for me.
Anyway - I started therapy - again - trying 2 equally as awesome therapists - and I'll be participating in an outpatient group therapy program starting next week, 3 days a week for 2 weeks. I will get a chance to consult with a psychiatrist and get my medical needs evaluated, which is what I wanted to do by going to the ER.
This episode has been more depression related than anxiety related, which has definately been more disturbing for me, as I usually have periods of hopefulness that I will get better; this time, I don't. Also, as it has progressed, I have gotten increasingly anxious and had a couple of really severe panic attacks.
Although I've only been dealing with this for a little over a week, I want have resources to help me so that I can unlock some of the mysteries surrounding why I experience it, why I have it now, and why I had it in the past; what triggers it for me; how can I change my thinking; how can I eliminate triggers; how can I come to terms with the past/not worry for the future/live in the present.

Læser dennne tråd: