Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.105 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee

trying to catch this before it gets worse

for 10 år siden 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shuswapchick
I just wanted to say that you are incredibly brave to do so much changing. Congratulations on having the courage to try new things, it's so much easier to stay with what you have than to be bold like you. I hope other people on here can give you more direct support but I just wanted to say well done and good luck. x
for 10 år siden 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Original Post by: shuswapchick
Hi everyone.  I'm a 45 year old single mother with a teenage daughter.  I was first diagnosed with depression back in my teens.  My diagnosis is recurrent unipolar depression and I'm been on and off meds and in and out of therapy for 25 years.  I've had times in the past where I've had to stop working because of the depression but haven't had to do that for 10 years.  I've been on the same anti-depressant for these 10 years and I've gone to therapy a few times to get over some hard times.  I've been doing relatively well considering how bad I've been in the past.
I'm here now because I'm getting into a bad patch again - I can hear the thoughts coming back like I suck and I can't do anything right and I'm crying more than usual.  I started a really great new job in June but it required moving away from our home to a large city.  My partner (who didn't live with us before) chose to move to the city with us so the three of us are here together.  I'm having problems selling my old home and being away from our families and friends has been very hard on my daughter and partner.  I can't find a family doc who is taking new patients so I'm trying to manage the depression and my other chronic illnesses (hypertension & arthritis) by going to a walk-in.  My new job is extremely stressful right now on top of all this.  I'm not going to let myself get really bad again where I don't feel anything and when I saw my work benefits gave me access to this program I thought it might be worth a try.  I've done CBT work before and it has helped.

Thanks for reading.
Hi Shuswapchick... Welcome to the Depression Center!  Please be sure to scroll all the way down to your original post in order to see the warm welcome messages that have been left for you.  I hope you are finding what you need here.  Feel free to look around and ask any questions you might have about the program.  Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.
for 10 år siden 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi shuswapchick, 

Welcome to the DC community!  It sounds like you've had a lot of change in a very short period of time.  Trying to adjust to these changes can certainly add to the stress and can be overwhelming.  As ~m mentioned, such life changes take time to settle into so please don't feel discouraged or be hard on yourself.  I imagine you are experiencing some culture-shock, adjusting to a big city pace and being further away from family and friends..getting used to your new role at work etc.. 

It's easy to focus on the details that overwhelm us - what are some of the positive things that have come your way since moving?  What are some things that you are looking forward to?
Vincenza, Health Educator
for 10 år siden 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome shuswrapchick,

I'm so glad you were directed to the Depression Center and have decided to take advantage of all it has to offer.  As Eleveno mentioned... if you have been able to find help with CBT before, this site will help you get right back on track.  It will take some time, of course, but is well worth whatever time and effort you can put into it.

Moving is always difficult...  Having a teenager and a new housemate added to the mix is a real challenge.  Hopefully you can all remember that feelings of stress and distress are to be expected.  I survived just such a move a number of years ago.  It surely is not easy... In my experience it takes about 8 - 12 months to fully adjust to a new home environment.  Patience, kindness, and plenty of self-care is needed.  My hope is you will find this to be a safe and helpful place to come.  We are here to listen and support... 

for 10 år siden 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi shuswrapchick,

Welcome to the forums! Depression is not really easy but if you tried CBT before and you found some relief with it
you will have a good chance of controlling your symptoms with CBT again. Remember, you  have to put some work
but it really works if you are motivated to deal with the situation yourself.
for 10 år siden 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone.  I'm a 45 year old single mother with a teenage daughter.  I was first diagnosed with depression back in my teens.  My diagnosis is recurrent unipolar depression and I'm been on and off meds and in and out of therapy for 25 years.  I've had times in the past where I've had to stop working because of the depression but haven't had to do that for 10 years.  I've been on the same anti-depressant for these 10 years and I've gone to therapy a few times to get over some hard times.  I've been doing relatively well considering how bad I've been in the past.
I'm here now because I'm getting into a bad patch again - I can hear the thoughts coming back like I suck and I can't do anything right and I'm crying more than usual.  I started a really great new job in June but it required moving away from our home to a large city.  My partner (who didn't live with us before) chose to move to the city with us so the three of us are here together.  I'm having problems selling my old home and being away from our families and friends has been very hard on my daughter and partner.  I can't find a family doc who is taking new patients so I'm trying to manage the depression and my other chronic illnesses (hypertension & arthritis) by going to a walk-in.  My new job is extremely stressful right now on top of all this.  I'm not going to let myself get really bad again where I don't feel anything and when I saw my work benefits gave me access to this program I thought it might be worth a try.  I've done CBT work before and it has helped.

Thanks for reading.

Læser dennne tråd: