Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.761 emner i 47.061 indlæg

160.834 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Disclosure to work

for 9 år siden 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a good response from coach and manager at work when I told them of my depression. One confided that they had just come through a very difficult time at home. The other recommended LifeWorks. So here I am, on my first day in this Depression Centre.
for 9 år siden 0 11224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Teleea,

I am sorry to hear you did not get the support you were looking for at work. I think you were very brave for speaking up about what you were expereincing though. With time I hope there will be less stigma around mental health in the workplace. I think we are moving forward but it will take time and lots of open communication from brave people like you. 

I would like to hear what other members have experienced in the workplace as well...

Ashley, Health Educator
for 9 år siden 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am just wondering what people's experiences are to disclosing their mental health to their workplace. I am bi-polar. I have worked for this employer for a full year. Major depression, PTSD, and anxiety are major symptoms I deal with. While dealing with these are a constant in my life, an event in my work place has triggered a major occurance of these symptoms. Having some difficulty, I DISCLOSED MY MENTAL HEALTH TO MY EMPLOYER. They responded by cutting my hours in half. Frustrated, I have asked for a complete leave and sought help from my doctor. What have been the reactions from your employers?

Læser dennne tråd: