Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.102 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee, A-n-o-n

Going to see my doctor on Tuesday

for 15 år siden 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEllo Pete,

I agree thsat talking about personnal stuff to a doctor can be a daunting thing. I think the others had great advice for you. YHanding out the print out of your depression test or even handing outa symptoms list, anything that will help your doctor figure it out is a great idea and should be easier than having to talk it out.

I am often surprised though at how well doctors can react. I spoke to my doctor lately and she really listened to me. It felt great! And she is now seeing me more regularly which is nice! Plus, I had to go see another doctor I didn't know at an emergency clinic lately and he was very nice about my depression too. He actually gave me great help.

As such I am super happy that you will go an communicate with your DR. Please let us know how it goes.
for 15 år siden 0 185 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pete! the doc is there to help you and doesn't judge you or your actions and behaivours. But to understand your situation he needs to know from where are you coming.
It is important to tell him how you feel in general, how do you react in various situations (what makes you angry, fearful or just smile) and what you dislike about you and others.
Depression is an imbalance of some substances in the brain and this imbalance affect mood and perception. So for him to understand what is not working right he needs to know all your moods and reactions to various situations.
Then is important if he prescribes you some meds to ask him everything about. Dossage, how they work, side effects.
And most important of all be honest with him. And good luck!

for 15 år siden 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pete,

Good to hear that you are going to your doctor on Tuesday. You have so much support here, and we are all rooting for you! You can do it  You will be able to find the strength and courage to tell your doctor exactly how you are feeling. You have nothing to lose, and so much to gain.
Be strong, and let us know how it went.

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
for 15 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Pete

It is great you are going to your doctor. It might be hard to confide in him but in the end it might set you free. Right now- at this moment- you are the most importance person to take care of. Make yourself a priority. I spent so much time looking after other people that I nearly lost myself. You are right- it is your life, your spirit and only you can take those steps towards taking them back. All the best with the appointment, I am thinking of you.......

"Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live."- Dorothy Thompson

Hi again Pete,

Good to hear that you have an appointment.  Like Rose said just hand him a copy of your test from here and/or a list of your issues.  Don't feel like you have to know him personally.  He's a professional and it is his job to address those issues from a professional standpoint.  You are right, this is about saving your life and in more ways than saving you from suicide.  You not only need saving from that but also saved from the life you live right now.  A more abundant life perhaps.  We all are looking for this, it is why we're all here.  I want that too.  Hang in there Pete, go to your appointment, state your issues, and allow yourself to be helped - you owe it to yourself. 

Keep us posted!
omg-i have weird famous parents that called me wildcat  how did i survive this long?

Pete,  when you signed on you explained you need to hide and test the waters.  No one judged your needs then to choose the pseudo byblion and if you are comfortable with the gang ... and trust us with a part of you .. THANK YOU

Write it all out!!! if you feel you will whimp like I always ALWAYS do... because it just is impossible to talk feelings ... for me, well I just hand over the list of issues.
for 15 år siden 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dear pete,
you go, boy! print out the depression test results and also google - how to talk to doctors - just be honest, hold nothing back, that's what doctors are for and i bet they've heard everything once or twice. proud of you.
I am going to my doctor on Tuesday. I hope I'll have the courage to tell him what the weirdness in my head is like. I am so well-trained that I have a feeling I will wimp out and just understate everything so as not to trouble him unduly. But it's my life and future and spirit, isn't it, and if I have periods when I genuinely and rationally (feels rational from in here) actually consider choosing to die then I do need some help and I should have the courage to ask for it.

It's hard. I've been seeing my doctor 20 years, but don't know him personally at all, and I find it so tortuous talking to people and something as private as this...my head is hurting at the thought of it. Why so weak...I'm talking about trying to save my own life here...if I can't find strength and courage to do that, then maybe all my negative thoughts that I'm trying to learn to challenge are telling me the truth about myself.

Chasing my tail round in these circles. Drama queen. byblion was a foolish pseudonym. My name is Pete, I shouldn't be ashamed of it.

Læser dennne tråd: