Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Mest Aktive

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.763 emner i 47.063 indlæg

160.971 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: JOH34, TCT3, Velda, Conroy, agathars2hot

Hard to Believe

for 18 år siden 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I�ve been thinking the last couple of days about all the lies we believe when we smoke. Personally, I never heard any lung cancer stories, didn�t really know what emphysema was, nor did I realize all the other health issues that are caused by smoking until after I quit. I don�t know if I simply blocked these issues out because I was a smoker or if I just never paid attention. I tend to lead towards the thought that I unknowingly blocked this information out. Isn�t it amazing how the addiction blinds us to reality? I read Marie�s story of her neighbor who couldn�t go get the mail. I have watched my uncle smoke and then hit the oxygen. My old smoking buddy here at work now runs around with an inhaler in his pocket; placed ever so neatly right next to his pack of cigarettes. A year ago I could easily picture myself as the old lady walking out of Walmart with the oxygen tank, smoking a cigarette. When I was pregnant with my last child, I was in the hospital on five different occasions because of hypertension. Each time I was there I had fits about going because I knew I wouldn�t be able to smoke if I was in the hospital. I was also a closet smoker so the doctor had no idea that this was an issue. I would sneak out of my room, pass the nurses station and outside to smoke each time I was in the hospital. Not once did it ever cross my mind that the reason I was there to begin with was because of my smoking. Not once did I consider the dangers I was imposing on my unborn child. My doctor was simply being silly because I was doing just fine. I spent the last six weeks of my pregnancy on bed rest. Why? Well, now I know it was because I smoked. Five years ago I thought it was because I was too old to be having another child. What a horrible addiction. Don�t believe the lies anymore. Smoking kills. Smoking use to be the most important thing in my life. Thank God for change. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 391 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,828 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1368.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
for 18 år siden 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Great post! Today at the golf course (where I had a darn good round btw.. :p ), I got to reminiscing with another "old timer" and one of the topics we waxed philosophical about was our youth and how smoking was just never considered danagerous. Growing up in a "cloud" was just part of life. If old people passed away, well, they passed away! It didn't affect me! Like you, all of the health issues were just blocked out. Today I commend any young person with the true wisdom to see the destructiveness of their addiction before it gets a stranglehold on them like it did me and others here. Anyone under 25, or even 30 for that matter, who quits gets my vote for genius of the year! Lady, I agree 100%.. thank God for change! [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 440 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,021 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1078 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$36,429.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9794 Hours: 6

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

for 18 år siden 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post, Lady (as always :)). I started smoking right about the time the dangers of smoking were becoming public knowledge. My cousin and I were out back having a cig one night and I was told I was going to get lung cancer because I inhaled. My response was something along the lines if if you don't inhale, then what's the purpose? I think most of our lies, though, were lies of omission. We neglected to let ourselves admit that what we were doing was deadly, not to mention stupid. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 430 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1634 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 80 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
for 18 år siden 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another gr8 post from you Ms. Lady! Thank you :) I left u a note in your thread..."this sucks", check it out :) Love ya, Cherie
  • Quit Meter

$27,492.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 14

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

for 18 år siden 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ah Lady, so true. I think the physical problems that smoking causes are just too scary for us to consider, so we block them out. Personally, I NEVER watched the stop smoking commercials on TV, and I�m sure I purposely avoided the warning on the cigarette packs about cancer. Mistymoon, sorry, but my promise not to laugh didn�t work. ROTF � bugs in your ears. That is definitely one to remember. Thanks so much for sharing. Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 450 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,015 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2925 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 58 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$473,584.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5397 Hours: 0

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

for 18 år siden 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Absolutely inspiring! It is definitely hard to believe the lies and excuses we make for smoking. Why do smokers hide? Deep down they know it isn't cool, or good for you or anyone around you! I am grateful that our thousands of members have seen the truth and come here to quit :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Læser dennne tråd: