Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.138 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

crying inside

for 14 år siden 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey redfox, good job. I'm having a bit of trouble keeping on the rails. I'll definitely think of you and your success as I strive to gain some kind of control.

I'm also paranoid about getting arrested for DUI.

Just seems like I take so much pleasure in having more and more drinks... 'till the morning after, that is.

Oh and Happy Holidays to all. It's snowed a plenty where I live and it really feels and looks like Holiday time!!! The kids are super excited and this whole forum is keeping me rather upbeat. Thanks, y'all, and have a great Holiday.

for 14 år siden 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redfox,

It sounds like this party was a great success for you! You stayed focused on your goals and still enjoyed yourself. You have a great attitude and outlook. Continue to work through the program and use this site to help you succeed in cutting down. What did you learn about yourself with this party experience? What challenges were your presented with and what did you do to overcome them? What is the game plan for the next few weeks? How will you reward yourself for this experience?

It is great to read this post from you! Check in soon!

Samantha, Health Educator
for 14 år siden 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The party went just great - sipped very slowly and after 2 glasses of wine I simply said "no thank you" and put my hand over my glass when offered more.  Did not get into the eggnog with the rest of them after dinner.  Was fine to drive, had eaten dinner plus plenty of time went by after the last glass.  Many times when I come home from a gathering then I will will have one more *** CRINGING just telling you this ***.  OK, sometimes 2 - problem drinkers do this. But I did not have any desire to, setting the limit of 2 and thinking about it all ahead of time really helped.  Also I know I want to get alot of things done today and after that 3rd drink chances are I just wouldn't.  So I just made coffee and my do-to list and here I go.  I know I am going to love how much more I am able to get done not being in an alcoholic fog all the time.  I'll be able to realy get control of my house again and have friends over more often.  Losing weight will go much better too without consuming all those empty calories - I want to lose a significant amount by July when I'm going to Europe.  So it's all a win-win-win, Ashley, and you are helping make it all happen!  This is just the kind of program I was looking for and I'm sorry to see more people are not taking advantage of it.  Thinking about, "It's not you, it's the addiction," made me want to take some positive steps toward doing something about it instead of simply continuing to feel guilty all the time.  The guy who lost his job's wife works with us too and they have 2 little kids.  Good jobs are extremely scarce here right now so at least they still have 1 good income until he figures out something else to do.  He is the LAST person I would have ever thought to have a problem with alcohol.  He is telling everyone how sorry he is, how bad he feels about letting his wife down, and not to do what he did.  We don't have to suffer through every single misery ourselves to learn life lessons.  Thanks again for your support and have an awesome day! 
for 14 år siden 0 11226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow that DUI your co worker got really is a wake up call but luckily it was a DUI and no one got hurt!

Congrats on 6 days now!  Be very careful at the party.  Normally I would say to avoid and potential trigger situations but I know you said you just want to cut down.  Keep your guard up.  This will be a great test!  How will you reward yourself?  Keep us updated on how it goes.

Ashley, Health Educator
for 14 år siden 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley, I loved your video!  I think that tiny footprint from within was my favorite part, what a miracle!  Had to recreate my whole account, will wait awhile to see if it sticks this time before spending time blogging, had started a diary but lost it.  Oh well, it is STILL Day 5 for me regardless of where it is written - or not.  I can't tell you the last time I went 5 days without a drink but I know I do not want to drink during the week anymore.  It was so much easier to get up and go to work.  I have done it before but it was a long time ago.  Can't wait till the urge passes. Little party coming up tomorrow night but that's OK b/c my goal is to drink no more than 2 nights each week.  At the party I know I will only drink 2 glasses of wine, stop and then be there for a couple more hours before driving home.  I know this group and others will do the same.  Moderation, moderation, moderation.  Someone we work with recently got a second DUI and lost his job because of it, sure was a wake up call for lots of us! 
for 14 år siden 0 11226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redfox,

What a great idea!  You should write these on your blog and have a nice record of your quit.  You can use it to look back ans other members can benefit aswell!  Starting a thread of these is another good idea!

Great work!

Ashley, Health Educator
for 14 år siden 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
guywithdog,

How's it going for you?  girlwith2dachshunds just starting out  

It's a very good Day 4 here for me.

I suspect you're doing well - you sound determined!

for 14 år siden 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kitten, what you wrote is SO fabulous: 

I am doing great, i feel more happy than i have in a very long time, i bounce out of bed!

i dont even want to drink anymore. 

Every day i write down 

I dont want to drink today because....

and at the end of the day i write

I didnt drink today and i feel....

Love it!!!  Kudos to you - I can't say I'm there myself yet but I'm working on it!!! 

for 14 år siden 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi Kitten,

Just wanted to let you know that your strategies have been very inspiring to me and I know you've just had a set back but glad to hear you're still trying!!  Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for real and not just in a journal for all your successes and not just kick yourself when you are down..... your success days and posts are not only helping you they are helping those around you (both in-person and in the virtual world)

I've just done my first 7 days without a drink in 5 years (when I was preggers and highly motivated!)

Thanks for your posts, keep it up!

for 14 år siden 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kitten,

Thanks for checking in, sorry to hear that you have had a setback. It sounds like you've regained focus and you are determined to stick with it. Continue to check in, use the online program, and stay close to the forums. You are a great contributor to the forums and we all appreciate your input here. 

Members, how have you bounced back from a setback?

Samantha, Health Educator

Læser dennne tråd: