Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.137 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

Quote of the Day Part Two

for 11 år siden 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Katie from another thread mentioned a wonderful quote, and there are various people on the internet who are connected to it.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."

Michael Jordan, Paul Brandt, anonymous...?
Having once decided to achieve a certain task, achieve it at all costs of tedium and distaste. The gain in self confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labor is immense.
- Thomas A. Bennett
for 11 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Living in the past can be a dangerous trap even if it was a good past as I would say most of mine was. So why did I get panic attacks then? I would say it was probably looking over the fence and comparing. But not comparing the good stuff.
It was comparing that little bit of bad with what it could have been and forgetting all the good times. It should have been the other way round. I don't want to go back even if I could. I want now. I want what I can do with now. I'm only a little concerned with the future and the past is definitely only for the lesson. I've learned to replay the past for the beauty of it without the anxiety of never going back again. As for the bad parts, I find it funny that I worried over something I survived. Humans make mistakes, it is how we learn. And I am most certainly human. 

As for the quote. If a person is lucky they will get their fifteen minutes of fame. It is soon forgotten. I will not drive myself hard for something that will soon be in the past. I will work steady towards a goal keeping it fun and setting it to rest for a while when it is not. Same ending, different result.

Davit.
Having once decided to achieve a certain task, achieve it at all costs of tedium and distaste. The gain in self confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labor is immense.
- Thomas A. Bennett

I had an awfully boring dream, which was tedious and about work.  I woke up wondering about the negativity I felt towards my previous job.  The good thing is I was  able to leave work, but it is hard to carry on with life, since I'm haunted by so many negative feelings towards work.
for 11 år siden 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would say every failure has a lesson.

Is there such a thing as a failure that had nothing to teach us? Every failure has some lesson in it. That is what I have come to know!

As a parent, you see your child attempt something you know is going to fail (like using the wrong glue on an art project). You steal something from that child if you intervene before they have the chance to go through that experience for themselves. If a parent just does everything instead of letting a child go through the process of trying somethign that failed, they are taking away something important. 

The risk of failure also seems to be the most oft cited reason why someone doesn't do something new. That makes for a limiting life.. 

If someone is trying CBT and it is not working, I would say they need to see if they can determine what other things are going on in their life that they might need to find resources / help with. 
Every failure is a step to success.
- William Whewell
for 11 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Failure by definition is a breaking down of an act or object. This implies that it was done or used inappropriate for it's condition. This implies that done right it would work. This still won't make pigs fly but then they were never meant to.
Trying the impossible isn't failure it is foolish but how else do you know it won't work. Learning something won't work doesn't make it a failure or you. It is in fact a success. Trying again to check your results still is not a failure but doing it over and over puts it in the realm of stupidity whereas the first two tries were merely ignorance and not to be ashamed of.
Unfortunately failure is a word used to make one feel bad enough about themselves to not try in the first place. If this is you then you are going to have trouble with CBT because it is new to you and open to possible failure if not used appropriately. But it is proven so you know that if it isn't working then you are doing something wrong. This is failure but as you can see from above it is only one step on the way to success. It is okay to keep trying something you know for a fact works till you master it. This is only ignorance of the facts not stupidity. Not trying is another storey. 

Davit
Not many people are willing to give failure a second opportunity. They fail once and it's all over. The bitter pill of failure is often more than most people can handle. If you're willing to accept failure and learn from it, if you're willing to consider failure as a blessing in disguise and bounce back, you've got the potential of harnessing one of the most powerful success forces.
- Joseph Sugarman
If you have tried to do something and failed, you are vastly better off than if you had tried to do nothing and succeeded. You must never regret what might have been. The past that did not happen is as hidden from us as the future we cannot see.
- Richard Martin Stern
Davit,
On a daily basis, I write something to support 3 core beliefs which I wish to enforce, at the end of the day. It probably helps to think of something positive as I go to sleep.

Læser dennne tråd: