Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.761 emner i 47.061 indlæg

160.834 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Quote of the Day Part Two

for 11 år siden 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped.
- African Proverb

As Davit describes his optimistic self, I wonder about some of the quotes which focus on weaknessess.  Or are weaknesses just "subjective" views of reality which could be viewed otherwise by others?  An example would be Davit's firewood, which is discarded, but he turns it into something creative

for 11 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vincenza

I have a young couple that are millionaires for neighbours. I sold them the land they are building on. I want to give them something unique for a house warming gift. What could I buy that they couldn't. Nothing. So I am building something unique and of a style that no one else is doing. Hence only four. Two for me and two for them. I won't build anymore of the same pattern, maybe close but not the same. 

As for where I would like my craft to go. It goes where it wants. By this I mean I make what wants to come out of a piece of wood so I like to work with stuff that is either not perfect (bland) or has a nice pattern or contrast. I have a few pieces that were so far gone (rotten) that they are held together by soaking in varathane. If I have a specific pattern I want to do then I will use stuff with a minimum of distraction. My only disappointment is that I am limited by the types of hardwood that grows here. Some of the nicest wood I have used has come out of someones firewood pile. My Avatar is made from firewood. I'm glad they never split it. 

I seldom have the stress that I had this time since I usually let it go where it will and if it doesn't work then it goes for firewood. I don't know why I agonized so much, I was 99% sure it would work. So now back to fun with no worry.

Mostly it was self talk that got me through it. Same way it gets me through everything.

Davit.

Oh one thing I would like to make is a motor that runs on compressed air like a steam engine. Only out of wood.
for 11 år siden 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit, 

Sounds like you have some interesting projects on the go!  Did you sense any fear of agreeing to work on something new like this?  If you did, how were you able to come to the decision to move forward with it? 
What is it that you would love to be doing with your craft?
Vincenza, Health Educator
And fear dictates whether you will do it.

Today I am doing something that is rather difficult because I have never done it before. In theory it works but with wood you can never tell. On top of that it is a production run. I need to make at least four. And they are supposed to be the same. This is also my idea so there is no plan to follow. At least it is not all free hand. I made a jig for the complicated part and the first piece came out looking fine. I lost some sleep thinking all the things that could go wrong. And with a bit of trepidation this morning and only one coffee I did it. Nothing flew apart, nothing went flying across the room to bury itself in the wall. That has happened before. You can never tell with wood. It can have hidden flaws. I was especially nervous because there is just me and my cell phone right now. So now to make the rest. Once this is done I can get back to doing what I would rather do, unless Sunny likes it, then she will want more to give away. It gets easier with each time but still I'd rather build something different each time. I do like a challenge, just not over and over.

Davit.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
- Lou Holtz

For good or for bad though it seems.

Davit.
Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.
- George W. Crane

Similar to "fake it 'till you make it", I recognize the momentum one gets from starting,or getting the wheel rolling.  It really helps me to begin those first few steps
Failure comes only when we forget our ideals and objectives and principles.
- Jawaharlal Nehru

Better to stay busy and die not knowing why than to quit and die knowing why for sure.

A quote I like is . It's not the age that bothers me but all the mileage.

Davit.
I came across this one today:

Aging puts wrinkles on the body. Quitting put wrinkles on the soul

Læser dennne tråd: