Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.761 emner i 47.061 indlæg

160.834 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Quote of the Day Part Two

for 11 år siden 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not many people are willing to give failure a second opportunity. They fail once and it's all over. The bitter pill of failure is often more than most people can handle. If you're willing to accept failure and learn from it, if you're willing to consider failure as a blessing in disguise and bounce back, you've got the potential of harnessing one of the most powerful success forces.
- Joseph Sugarman

Isn't the world so focused on dividing things into "black and white" and "good and bad", when the world is more complex?
for 11 år siden 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ha Ha !  Your humorous post is my reward and positive reinforcement for going to the Hearing   Thanks!

Shari
Shari,
Judging by your avatar, there's going to be a nose-to-nose battle
Hi Hugs,

Your post made my day :)  It's gray in Southern Maryland, but you made it sunny 

I'm getting ready to go to the hearing and will let you know how it goes.  

I heard from Irene and she said tomorrow at 10:30 she'll meet me for coffee, so I said okay.  If she doesn't show up, I'm not going to put myself through that anymore.  And, I'm going to email her and tell her about my volunteer work, so I can't meet anymore.  I'll let you know how that goes also.

Well, I've got to get ready.

Shari
Thanks Shari,

I need to find something for the winter, and I'm grappling with my needs versus those of caregiving.  Whatever that "something" is, it would be like the nourishment I get from seeing your changing avatar, and sunny's and other members.

I think socializing provides validation and the support of values which are most important to me, and that's why I seek connection, otherwise I'd just stay at my keyboard, and do "stuff"

So far, I've seens some interesting courses, like one on using a DVD(I'm buying a Pvr as I crawl out from under my rock).  Another course is on home building(the roof has a leak, and this will be a good time investment).  A third course is on buying a home or condo(it may be time to downsize).

Life is so menial, but things have to get done, and I need these skills, as boring as they seem, at different times in my life.

Good news is my back is getting better, and your point about momentum is true, since I can sense it after I do my new back-stabalizing exercises....
Hi Hugs,

I'm glad to hear from you.  I've been worried about you when you said you felt stuck.  I believe it's just temporary.  I know having back pain can color how things look, because everything seems harder when you're in pain.  I know this from experience.  I think, also, because you have this month off before classes begin again, inertia makes us feel stuck.  It's kind of harder to get back in motion, when you've been on pause for a period of time.  I remember working, and if I had too many days off, I didn't want to go back to work.  My daughter experiences the same thing and I think it's normal and everybody feels that way.  I know you will be able to respond when you need to, when the activities begin again.  It may, initially, take a push, but once you're out there, you'll feel better and will know you are able to handle it.  I'm hoping the snow holds off till your back is better, so you don't risk further injury.  I'm sorry to hear your new chiropractor is overbearing.  I'm hoping it goes better the next time. Hang in there.  The "after holiday blues with nothing to do" minions are working overtime.  Don't let them get to you :)  If they do, let me know and I'll send my Chihuahuas after them.  They're good little ankle biters :)

Shari 
If you want to take your mission in life to the next level, if you're stuck and you don't know how to rise, don't look outside yourself. Look inside. Don't let your fears keep you mired in the crowd. Abolish your fears and raise your commitment level to the point of no return, and I guarantee you that the Champion Within will burst forth to propel you toward victory.
- Bruce Jenner

Funny how this quote appeared following my concern about being stuck.  Right now, there is a pause, and I'm afraid of many activities starting without my being able to respond, in the new year.  The snow hasn't begun, and I'm so tentative as I get my sore back to normal.   I feel my new chiropractor is a little overbearing, and it's hard to bear this
for 11 år siden 0 11224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

This is a tough question. Help from a professional is always beneficial but it's hard to say when it is essential.  This program is intended to help with mild to moderate anxiety. If one feels they have severe anxiety they likely would require help from a professional. If you feel your symptoms are worsening and it is impacting your quality of life, if  you are having suicidal or self harm thoughts or if have questions about medication then deffinately see a professional.

For the most part though it is up to the individual.

Ashley, Health Educator
You can do what you want to do, accomplish what you want to accomplish, attain any reasonable objective you may have in mind - not all of a sudden, perhaps not in one swift and sweeping act of achievement - but you can do it gradually, day by day and play by play, if you want to do it, if you work to do it, over a sufficiently long period of time.
- William E. Holler

For the Health moderators/educators, i had a question.  When does a failed effort demand intervention, or professional help?  I know this is a general question, but I'm sure many of us out in cyberland, get stuck, and just keep trying to do something which needed help a long time ago?
Hi,

I always thought that I didn't finish a lot of things.  Then, I tried to think of things I have finished...I graduated from high school, I got my driver's license, I graduated from college, I raised a successful daughter...I felt much better after thinking about what I have done instead of the things I didn't finish 

Another thing I have to finish...this morning's errands.

Shari

Læser dennne tråd: