Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.760 emner i 47.060 indlæg

160.793 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Quote of the Day Part Two

for 11 år siden 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Shari,
I don't know where the chiropractor is, since he gave me his cellphone number, but hasn't confirmed for tomorrow.  There's so much to do, and I have enough trouble with my procrastination, perfection, fear and other stuff  that if I can't think through this nuisance pain, I don't wish to make poor choices for a social circle.  Even one night a week is a big commitment, since there's the cost of time, travel during the night, crummy weather and selfish neighbours who don't understand anything about a boundry or respect property lines when shovelling snow.

It's so important to connect through some activity, so I don't burn out as a caregiver.  Sometimes I wish I didn't have feelings, and just "kept busy" doing chores, but I know that's not healthy.

Right now I'm keeping an eye on mom after some surgery, and I'm worried that there might be a complication. 

Walking is the best exercise, so I'm going to take your advice now, on the way to taking out the trashand take a walk.

for 11 år siden 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

I don't know where to post this, but I've been meaning to tell you that I'm praying for your back to get better.  I empathize.  My back's been bothering me for awhile now.  The last couple of days it seems to be a bit better.  But, I can't seem to get through the day without some kind of medicine.  I know yoga is supposedly a non invasive, low impact, form of exercise, but it seems to be bothering my back more than helping it.  It may be that I'm older and I'm not doing the alignment properly anymore.  The only exercise that seems to help is just plain old walking.  Hope you feel better every day :)

Shari
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

My problem is that my mind has so many circles spinning around with get out of a cycle.  I began today with three things.
I should buy a hot water kettle.  I should consider a snow throwing machine. I should choose a dental option...the illusion of perfection is my enemy(I almost wrote perfection, which is an illusion).

Shoulda,woulda,coulda...used to say my old manager
Hi Shari,
Thanks - I needed that.  That's such an exotic colour! 
for 11 år siden 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

Sending a hug your way 

Shari
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it.
- Arnold Toynbee

This could help with goals, even resolutions, if you're making them for new year's.  This is just planning with a cushion for detours, mistakes, though isn't it?
Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.
- Zig Ziglar

Failure is just a bigger mistake, and being human means I'm going to make errors and mistakes.  Even right decisions can be wrong, but I just don't realize them until much later, or never in life, I'll bet.

I wonder if others agree that seeing something as a "failure" is more about my being self-critical, than just making an adjustment, correction?  An example would be how we can reframe things, through CBT.  In the stock market drop in 2008, the financial industry saw it as a "correction", but others would see it as a failure.  Even success can be seen as a failure, if I were pessimistic
Hi Davit,
I've been chewing on your response this afternoon, and think that if we had complete control, we'd be robots, wouldn't we?
Some situations bring out self-discipline, and that could develop, so we could have more control.

There are a lot of good tools that we can use in this websites toolbox, which can help manage the moods, like thought records, so we can more optimally reframe, or percieve things.

I felt I was going off the deep end with my sore back this week, but I found a chiropractor who's going to coach  me along.  I forgot that I have to bring the many exercises I'm  supposed() to be doing so I wouldn't be prone to sore backs.  Gotta go
for 11 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

The fact that you worry is proof that this quote is wrong. If we had absolute control over our thought none of us would be here. What we have is control of our perception. Mood dictates what comes up, perception dictates what we do with it. I your case, worry is your answer. Perception would say there is nothing to worry about, but mood would say there is. And mood is a lot harder to handle. We do have a built in time limit on mood. Lucky those that have a short one.

Davit.
The one thing over which you have absolute control is your own thoughts. It is this that puts you in a position to control your own destiny.
- Paul G. Thomas

Wish I didn't worry so much

Læser dennne tråd: