Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.137 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

Fear of heat and summmertime

for 20 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In general I hate being in hot places. I too love the autum and winter months especially in Cleveland, OH. I do real good when I am going to work with a t-shirt on windows down (40 degree weather), the minute I walk into work it's an oven, it's horrible to cope with the heat in my classroom especially when I need to have it warm for little ones. I believe that heat does bring on more panic, at least in my situation. I too walk around with a bottle of water that is frozen, it does seem to help:) Kristine
for 20 år siden 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Massachusetts, and it's nice and cold!!! aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
for 20 år siden 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can relate to those looks as if I'm crazy when I say I hate summer. Thankfully, it is a beautiful fall day (43 degrees) in New York today. This is when I am most comfortable. I noticed that people with anxiety or taking meds for it, tend to feel the heat more so than everyone else. In addition, the heat mimics symptoms of panic (sweating, the breathing, etc). I always tell people that I have the reverse SADD, I feel trapped in the summertime and depressed because I do not go out as frequently. Well hopefully you live someplace where the weather is beginning to cool off.
for 20 år siden 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't believe I missed this post!!! I hate summer, I am like a vampire too, I don't go out during the day, I hate it. I can't breathe right, I feel all smothered. I thought I was the only one like this too. Someone said, people look at them like they are crazy when they say they hate summer, I get that same look. I have recently heard about SAD, when people don't do well with winter, I wonder if they have one for summer.
for 20 år siden 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Come to think of it, I had my first panic in the summer...It was 120 out in Laughlin, NV. But I had just lost a set of twins at the fifth month of my pregnancy, so I always attributed the panic to hormones dropping rapidly. It was probably a combination of both, heat and that. And the other funny thing is, and please dont think I am cold hearted... I didn't have any feelings of sorrow about my loss. I feel guilty for that, and I feel like a monster, but maybe it is easier than feeling like a grieving mother, so thats what I did. I wondered if the grief manifested in my panic disorder.
for 21 år siden 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mark I too carry water with me during the summer. The best thing to do, is to put a bottle in the freezer overnight. Not only does it cool you off when drinking it, you can also put the frozen bottle on your wrists to cool you down. Another trick is to wear sunglasses. My eyes are very sensitive to the sun, and I feel that when I squint alot, it brings on a tension headache. Luckily, my office is fairly cool, but when it does get a little warm, I will go to the restroom and run cold water on myself. It's funny most people get seasonal depression during the winter, not me, I feel so trapped during the summer. I stay in air conditioning as much as possible. Anything above 70 degrees makes me feel uncomfortable. My friends call me a vampire, I try to do what I can when the sun goes down. If only they could experience what I feel for only one day. (They have no idea about my panic attacks) The summer cannot end soon enough for me. Bring on Autumn!
for 21 år siden 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
one of my safety behaviors has been to carry water. now when i need to do something i bring water . does anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this fear.
for 21 år siden 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi phoebe1, yes I used to have the same problem in that I'd worry about my faster heart rate when exercising. I was like "slow down heart or it will turn into a heart attack". But as time goes by u realies it won't and u forget about it. I can exercise with no probs now. In fact I'm off to play tennis in 5 minutes and I know there won't be any probs. Bye.
for 21 år siden 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so glad to hear there are others out there like me who cannot stand the heat. New York summers are the worst. People think I'm crazy when I tell them I hate the summer. The hot weather brings on a lot of my panic. As soon as I start to feel just a little warm, I start to feel anxious. I think those of us who experience panic attacks feel more overheated than the rest of the population, sometimes it's due to medication or it could be that sweating and feeling warm are symptoms of panic disorder. I was wondering if exercise makes some of you feel panicky. During a work out, your body starts to feel sensations that mimic panic attacks (sweating, increased heart rate, etc.). As soon as I start feeling this way, I begin to feel a little nervous thinking I am having a panic attack and try to cut my work out a little short. I know exercise is supposed to make you feel better (which it does when I'm finished), but sometimes I get frustrated when I cannot finsh my total workout. If anyone has any feedback I would appreciate hearing from you.
for 21 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Doug: I also had my first panic attack in the summertime. In fact the majority of my panic attacks take place during the summer. I have only had one panic attack in the winter months. Your post just made me realize this. Interesting.... I have no idea why though.

Læser dennne tråd: