Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.765 emner i 47.065 indlæg

161.105 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee

Please Help

for 19 år siden 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OF ALL THE ANTIDEPRESSANTS THAT I HAVE TAKEN OVER THE YEARS, WELLBUTRIN HAD THE LEAST EFFECT ON MY LIBIDO IN FACT SOMETIMES I THINK IT ENHANCED IT.
for 20 år siden 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
my son has been on Effexor for many years and says that it does affect his sex drive in a negative way.
for 20 år siden 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As a 19 year old guy suffering from depression and just recently put on anti-depressants, I found a problem with this side effect. A big problem, kind of...y'know, given the whole late adolescent male teenage hormone thing. :-P When I first started having the problems (decreased sex drive, prolongued orgasm, etc), he told me they'd go away after a while. By and large, they did, at least for me. However, I've got a friend who had very similar problems and his didn't go away. It got to the point where he switched medications to Wellbutrin, which, as I understand it, was engineered, among other things, to get rid of that kind of problem. It really worked for him, so...maybe that's an idea. I hope it works out for you -- of all the side effects I had when I started my medication, I'd consider the sexual ones the strangest and most annoying.
for 20 år siden 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have used Effexor XL for years and it had no affect on my sexual libido. I hope things are going better for you
for 20 år siden 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I jsut needed to let you know that I have beeen on Venlafaxin now for 12 months and have never felt better. However I have tried to reduce my 150mg daily to 75mg but I begin to feel unreal, as though my head is not on the top of my shoulders. It feels really weird. I have no problem staying on this medication at 150mg, to be honest i feel absolutely fine, the best in many years, I don't feel high and I don't feel low but my doctor suggests I come down to 75mg. God, how that idea scares me. I haven't been at the edge of that deep, black pit for 10 months now following a very seroius depression which I thougth I would never come back from but I did. My point is, my sex drive is okay but my husband, who is not on venlafaxin, he had a problem and it was hurting our long marriage, I finally made an appointment for him without him knowing and then on the day of the appt I told him and he came with me. Marvellous. He had no time to feel uneasy, and the doctor was great as I had called him up previous to the appointment. Can you not try this? Ten years together, you should know if this would work or not. Good luck, I really know how important sex is in a relationship.
for 20 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again londonGal,I'm not a shrink but I am a guy and don't forget we think very differently them you ladies :p. When it comes to intimacy for most of us sexual intercoures and cuddling kind of go together, we can't have one with out the other. I know that sounds a little simple but don't forget what species your dealing with . I really don't think he's trying to hurt you. I don't think it's his real feelings its from the drugs and he does'nt know how to fix it so he just says every thing is OK. He really needs to see some one,Have you gone to speak to a doctor about it on your own? I think that would be a good place to start.Any way don't give up,You've been though alot all ready You will get over this :) One more thing,can't you get him to look at this web site? It just might get things rolling.....I'll be thinking of you ;)
for 20 år siden 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for your message and support! Effexor is working excellent on my husband's depression too, which is why I don't really want to 'upset the balance'. Unfortunately he just refuses to even acknowledge that there is a problem. I understand he mite be embarrassed. We have been through so much together (he is a recovering alcoholic, we've been together through everything for the last 10 years) but just cant get him to talk about it, he insists there is no problem. If he would talk to me about it things would be easier for both of us, I love him so much and after all we have been through and how far we have come since the 'dark days' I cannot bear to think that this is, at the moment destroying our relationship. I dread nite's, me going to bed on my own til he come's upstairs at 2am and goes to sleep, I never try and initiate anything because I understand and respect it is difficult for him. Maybe I am being selfish but I love him to bits, if cuddles & caresses dont end up in sex that's fine but I am not coping with lack of intimacy, he either genuinely doesn't or doesn't want to understand that or when I tell him I am lonely! Am glad you are doing ok and hope you and your wife carry on being happy. Thanks :) xx
for 20 år siden 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Londongal,I've been on effexor for M.D.S. for about six months now and the side effect on my sex life has been the strongest and worst side effect of them all.I have not had sex with my wife since I started taking the effexor.My wife of 15 years understands because we have talked about it with my doctor. Effexor is working so well for my depression so its not bothering me or my wife too much right now. I can see how this is bothering you with just being married and I think you and your husband need to talk about this with his doctor. There are drugs that can help him over come this side effect. He might be embarest of the fact the main side effect is the trouble getting an errection.He may not even realize it's from the effexor and may be worried there's something is wrong with him. So I think you really need to sit down and talk to him and then his doctor. I hope I 've been some help :)
for 20 år siden 0 293 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Londongal, My best suggestion would be just to let him know how you are feeling and tell him you would like to get some help together. Perhaps he is not ready to face that there is a problem. Hopefully within time he will. Susanne
for 20 år siden 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for you message. No chance of him coming off them, he relies on them for his depression, helps keep him off the alcohol. It is really getting me down. Most nites I go to bed about 10 and cry myself to sleep, he comes upstairs at around 2.00am and goes to sleep. I love him to bits and I know sex isn't the be-all and end-all of marriage but it makes me feel so down, like he is just not attracted to me anymore. He wont even admit there is a problem, tells me that there are 'other things more important', 'there's no problem at all'.

Læser dennne tråd: