Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.761 emner i 47.061 indlæg

160.840 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: maddshp, Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA

my friend k

for 18 år siden 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Pual, I am not sure what I will be perscribed this time I was worried because before I had severe depression and I was on zoloft and prozac. now I am having another episode of deppression after like 5 years it just crept up on me. all though I havent been to a phyciatrist I know that there is something more wrong with me this time. I cant go out, the phone rings and I panic , someone knocks on the door I panic, if im out in public I break down. I cant even go to the dam store I feel like everyone stares and is judging me.Im so terrified. I am no expert but I think I have developed something more this time. social phobia, social anxiety, or even agoraphobia Im not sure what it is. I was worried because I herd that paxil was perscribed for people with these symtoms. I am not worried now that you gave me all this information on the drug. Thank you Pual. also what is your take on the symtoms I am having I would really like an objective opinion on it because right now Im scared and I dont know what is going on with me. Thanks for listening.(((hugs)))Kat. P.s. If you ever need someone to talk to know that I am here for you.
for 18 år siden 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kat, I don't take Paxil; its one of the few antidepressants I haven't taken. But I will say that it is one of the most (if not the most) commonly prescribed antidepressant. Anyone can have those tendencies on any medication, it just so happens that this particular med is much more widely prescribed than most others. Also, because of its response to phobias and that is is if fact a less abrassive drug, teenagers are commonly prescribed it. Keep in mind, teenagers are hormonal, irrational and more susceptible than adults to the anxieties that induce suicidal ideations. Teenagers also tend to think they know everything which is dangerous when they are thinking irrationally; I don't mean to insult anyone, but its true. Time and life experience changes people, the kind that extends past 17. I wouldn't worry about it, keep an optimistic mindset and you'll be fine. If its not for you, you'll just feel a little crappy, then you know.
for 18 år siden 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kat i find it easier to leave the house of a night time im sure its because its darker and there is sure to be less people around thats it for me anyhow easier to remain unseen i think.Gabbi.
I forgot to mention before that I find it easier to go out at night for some reasoson. Does anyone else find it easier to go out during this time of the day with agoraphobia? also I am not on any meds now as i still need to get my medical insurance in order to get my meds. before i was taking zoloft and prozac but i had no sighns of agoraphobia back then i now have this symtom of public phobia i also have majore depression so im thinking most likely the docter will put me on paxil or something because i heard this drug is used to treat depression with axiety of phobias like the one i am expeiriencing now. this worries me because i hear that this drug has bad side effects like a higher suicide rate. is anyone taking paxil? if so i would really apreciate your advice when taking it. i have also heard that it only has this effect on teenagers so i am not to worried about it if i am put on this drug but like i said i would really like to hear from anyone taking it and their take on this drug. i may be just jumping the gun here but i am really doubtfull that i will be perscribed the same thing as before since i am having worse symtoms now and my depression has never been this intense. im just worried on what there gonna put me on this time.
Thank you everyone for your replys on this subject. it helps to hear from every ones point of veiw on something like this. do you guys ever have panic attacks? i really want to know if this is normal. somtimes when i know i want to break down i could feel it coming and escape to the bathroom or something anywhere just to not embarass myself. i think the worst part of my social phobia is having a break down and looking like a ass.
for 18 år siden 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kat, thought it might comfort you to hear that men experience this as well. I am a former high-school baseball player, I study martial arts, and specialize in hand-to-hand combat and weapons disengagement. I've also been school for psychology for 7 yrs and have no problem gettting up in front of a room full of doctors to give a presentation. Amazingly, this is all I can do. I am absolutely petrified of most social situations; but most of all, situations where I have the opportunity to meet women. Intimacy frightems the hell out of me! I have no solid family background or healthy role models, but I suppose I need to take personal responsility. In my distorted little world, I need a woman to approach me and establish a strong rapport, then its go time. I guess it's a safety issue. I'm bad at making new male friends as well. In both cases, I geuss I feel like I won't measure up. I know it's a bunch of crap, but no one ever said emotions were logical. I believe, hold on, I know that a larger portion of men deal with this sort of stuff (and other stuff) and just aren't strong enough to acknowledge it; the intentional blindness I refer to as awareness-induced extroversion.
for 18 år siden 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kat, First off, always remember that you are not alone. Many of us struggle with the same feelings that you have. You are not a "freak" in any way. You have to be good to yourself and that includes not putting yourself down. You wouldn't call any of us freaks for the way we feel, would you? Please show yourself the same respect and consideration. You deserve it! I would like to suggest a book entitled "Hope And help For Your Nerves" by Claire Weekes. It is an inexpensive paperback written many years ago and considered a classic in its field. Also, I would also try meditating with some companion cds. An excellent one is "The Art of Letting Go" by kimberly Miles or anything put out by Dr Jeffery Thompson. I think you will find these items worthwhile and perhaps even life changing. Good luck to you. Stay strong! Be well!
for 18 år siden 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Kat. As far as I know, St. John's Wort takes alot of time to work into your system. It has to be taken regularly for 1 month to 6 weeks before you'll feel the results. Although, I never had much luck with it, either...guess I'm too impatient? I have been using some other things that have helped me stay calm at night when I'm alone, though. There are these great teas...Triple Leaf Tea for Relaxing and Yogi Tea-Calming for daily stress relief. Also, there's "Bach's Flower Essences". I have found this flower essence stuff to be very helpful. You can find all these things at places like Whole Foods, etc. I was self-medicating through drinking, as well. My accupuncturist recommended that I take Milk Thistle tincture to help soften and clear the liver. She said once I'd "cleaned myself out" that it would help the other stuff take better. This stuff is not a miracle cure. I have not gotten into all the therapies I am pursuing agressively. I still suffer, but I will say that I don't feel like everything is hopeless since I've started exercising again, working again, and doing all these things that my accupuncurist recommended.
Thank you guys for your advice. It is hard being so insicure of my self i always feel like im being judged or something when i go out anywhere i cant really explain it. its good to know that im not alone and that other people deal with the same symtoms of social phobia. i know it is just a part of one of the symtoms of severe depression. i wish i could go back to the days were i didnt care what anyone thought of me. i am currently not on any medication right now. i really want to go back on my meds although im not really looking forward to seeing a psycologist. i know i need help. i still need to get my medical insurance before i do that. i was supposed to get a military i.d. this coming friday so that my husband could put me on his insurance plan but a relative of his just passed away and he has to go to a funeral that day so i have to wait till the week after this week not that im just thinking of myself of course his relatives passing is way more important than my issues. i hope i can get some help soon. ive been self medicating myself with stjohnswart(wich doesnt seem to be helping) and drinking. i really want to get help though as soon as possible. it really sucks.i just dont want to feel this way anymore.
for 18 år siden 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Kat. I suffer from agoraphobic avoidance, but I generally do not have major attacks. I don't like airplanes much, but I actually suffer more from my depression when I'm at home alone with no one to talk to or anything to do. I don't know if this will help you to feel any better...but I WISH someone would take me to Universal Studios! I wish somebody would call me up to go do anything! Be happy that you have the friends, family and resources to get out of the house...God knows I wish I did! The next time you have to leave the house, just think to yourself how jealous Liz'd be....try to enjoy it. OK?

Læser dennne tråd: