Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Medlemsgruppe drikkeri

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Browse gennem 411.761 emner i 47.061 indlæg

160.829 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Making adjustments

for 13 år siden 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Red:  Good going!  I'd like to stand beside you on this one for sure.  Good luck with all of it.  Maybe they are planning to plant some trees but haven't gotten to it yet since it just opened.  Well, one can always hope they will keep their promises, but always good to find out for sure.  Keep us updated.  You go girl!

Your friend, Sunny
for 13 år siden 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,
I hear palm trees really cut down on noise, as a buffer.
for 13 år siden 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 good job!
for 13 år siden 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Update...

I have decided I am not going to give up with out a fight..no matter how much anxiety or panic it may cause me..I have fought for many causes and for what is right many times..I have won some and lost many. I was promised trees and landscaping on the freeway berm at the end of my street to cut down on the noise so I have filed a complaint with the Dept of transportation in the state I live...I my not win but I will never know if I do not try..I will do what ever I have to do to deal with this situation and if I have to move I will..but not with out a fight first..I will not run away from my anxiety and panic ever again..

Red.
Hi Davit,

Thanks for listening and thanks for the moral support this morning..I am doing a little better this evening..I went to my class again today, first day of a new semester..as a distraction from the new freeway noise and stress...and that helped me relax and calm down....I was so afraid to take classes a year ago and now my quilting class is a haven away from the stresses in the world..This is not something I would of thought was possible a year ago..
As for the noise from the freeway getting on my nerves and making me uneasy and angry..I will do my best to adjust to it and if I can't I will start looking for a place to move to. I have had some time to think about it today and this is not something I can just run away from..So for now I will give myself some time to adjust and not do anything impulsive that I might regret later.
I should know by mid summer if this freeway noise is something I can live with...I going to give it my best shot....It just might work out ok..I do like my classes here and would miss them and all the ladies in the class..I am financially able to do just about what ever I want if I stay where I am living now..If I sell my house and move it would change all that..Which would cause me a new set of problems with lots of stress and anxiety...They say Live is not always greener on the other side. I think this definitely applies in this situation..  Anyway I guess I am just venting and talking out loud at this point..but this is a good thing because it is helping me challenge my anxious and negative thoughts..I am so grateful that we have this forum to do this in..Thanks for being here and thanks for listening..

Thanks for being my friend,
Your friend always.
Red.

for 13 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

Oh yuk, An "iffing" freeway in your back yard. Sorry couldn't resist that. Hmmm. Boy that is going to be tough finding something good about that. Of course it will make your nest more your own personal nest. I believe this is how city dwellers deal with it. I've never had the experience. I did once spend 10 days in Calgary with a concrete fence between me and a four lane. I sort of got used to the drone. And I loved the cycle path but I always knew I could leave. It is hard to balance the inconvenience of the country with the convenience of the city. I guess it is a matter of tolerance. I know people complain about the dirt in the country and cover it with grass or sidewalks. Still it gets inside. I just got used to taking my shoes off. I get funny looks when I do that in the city.

Keep us posted.

Here for you,
Davit.
Thanks Tiana and Davit...

I have make a lot of progress in the last 2 weeks with my nesting project and it is much more comfortable here..and feel good about that..

The latest thing that I am trying to adjust to is a new freeway that opened today at the end of my street..It used to be a dead ent street not anymore because of the new freeway extension....The thing that is bothering me is the noise of the freeway..Which is setting off my alarm which I call my anxiety...It is early only 6 am here and the noise my die down after rush hour traffic is over...I sure hope so..If not I guess I can sleep with my window shut at night and my front door shut during the day..I know I am doing a lot of what IF ing this morning..but like I said my anxiety is high..They have been working on this freeway for the last few years and I knew it was going to open some day..I woke up every hour or two last night anticipating the opening this morning..Well I guess I am going to have some coffee and wait and see how the noise levels progress through out the day..It is the first day and may be I will get used to it..If not I guess I will have to find a quite place to move to...where I can relax in my back yard and listen to the birds sing again....

Red

for 13 år siden 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, great work, Red. For sure you have had lots to adjust to in recent years, and I'm glad to hear of your progress. You should be proud of yourself! As they say: today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make the most of it! Thanks for sharing with us. Have fun with re-settling into your house!

Tiana, Health Educator
for 13 år siden 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red.

As usual I'm impressed. 

Your friend and fellow old timer.
Davit.
I wanted to share a update to this thread I started on "Making Adjustments". I have had a lot of adjustments to make in my life since my husband passed away 7 years ago and I have been suffering with a lot of anxiety and panic living here in my home. Making the house feel like a home and being comfortable here again was one of the major adjustments I have been struggleing with..This has been a hard one for me..This weekend I was able to put the past behind me and start living again..I have started to make the house a home again. I went shopping, yes out in the crowds and found some things I really like..I am excited about putting them up relaxing and getting comfortable here. I no longer have to run away from home to feel at home because it is starting to feel like home again to me here... Red

Læser dennne tråd: