Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.037 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47, JJuarbe

cravings and urges

for 17 år siden 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lately, I've been having a lot of cravings and urges but I've been fortunate that I haven't caved in yet. I've been smoke free since March 23, 2004 and I certainly don't want to go back.
for 17 år siden 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm not nearly as far on in my quit so I still have lots of times that I crave a cigarette. However, sometimes I have a craving and it's not for a cigarette. It's like I want something...but I don't know what it is. The mind works in mysterious ways. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
for 17 år siden 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is my Day 33, and I still have moments of cravings ... No, I don't crave for a cigarette, but I crave for comfort ! :) Last night, after dinner, I felt terrible! The feeling was too strong to bear! I took a small piece of an NRT lozenge (I cut the lozenge into 4 small pieces, and use only when needed), and it helped to calm me down! Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
for 17 år siden 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bbit, After this long, we both know that these are just "smoking thoughts." I know that sometimes doesn't make it any easier and these thoughts can really get annoying and drag us down, but it's not the fact that we have these thoughts that's important... it's what we DO with these thoughts. When you get a smoking thought, what do you do? Do you remenisce about what it was like to smoke? Do you sit there and think about how great it would be to have a cigarette right now? Do you think of the "good" times when you used to smoke? Or do you think about how they made you smell, or that cough you had that you just couldn't get rid of, or the money you set on fire that went up in smoke? Do you think about the freedom that you now have from cigarettes and are so glad that you were one of the fortunate ones to make it through the ordeal of quitting to freedom? Are you glad that you now have more money to spend on you and your family because you're not wasting that money anymore? It sounds like what you need to do is change those thoughts... when they come, think about how awful smoking really is and then let it go. Don't dwell on smoking. Smoking wasn't that great and I'm sure if you went back to it, you would see that. It also sounds to me like you're due a reward. I know when we get further along in the quit, we forget about rewards, but it sounds like you need one. So go out and reward yourself for not smoking... after more than 2 1/2 years, you deserve it! Congratulations on an awesome quit! I'm sure you really don't want to give that up! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 335 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,382 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1383.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
for 17 år siden 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bbit, I bumped 2 posts in the General Forum for you regarding late-quit cravings. They were both written by Ros and they are called "Still getting "smoking thoughts?" or something like that and "Are you still torturing yourself?" Please read both of these posts... I think they will help you emmensely. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 335 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,388 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1383.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
for 17 år siden 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BBit review the reasons why you quit in the first place. Has something changed lately that's making you feel this way? Hope you feel better soon and protect your quit at all cost, you have such great stats :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,589 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
for 17 år siden 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you've been smoke free since March 23, 2004 and you say you don't want to go back ... then how could you be having cravings? A craving means that you do want to smoke & you just stated you didn't. It sounds more to me like you are having smoking memories if you do not want to smoke. Or are you giving those memories power by wanting to smoke? What is going on in your life right now that is triggering these smoking thoughts? When a trigger hits, do you acknowledge it then move on or are you dwelling on it and giving it power? Make a conscious choice to be a happy non smoker, use your coping skills, and keep on keeping on with your awesome quit. I've never heard a Quitter say they were happy they lost their quit by slipping/relapsing. I've heard plenty of Quitters speak of how happy and free they felt being a non/ex smoker. Never forget N.O.P.E. Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $552 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$54,663.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5973 Hours: 17

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

for 17 år siden 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bbit, has something happened to bring this on? I am right in thinking you've been quit for 2 1/2 years - if so post your Quit Meter, and be proud of it! take care Mr Ed [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1695 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
for 17 år siden 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi bbit - Please make sure to show your meter when you post as it helps us know where you are in your Quit... Stay strong and focused, and I invite you to change your wording from 'I haven't caved in yet" - to I am strong and grounded in my Quit each day. Hold on tight - craves and urges pass... as time passes. Stay close to this site and read as much as possible. You can do this! Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 206 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $957.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
for 17 år siden 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You don't want to go back, then don't. It is a choice. After 2+ years of freedom from nicotine, don't even consider becoming enslaved again. You would be sooooo sorry. It will pass and you will feel "right" again. Not one puff ever...nope! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$91,106.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5973 Hours: 17

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Læser dennne tråd: