Få den hjælp, som du har brug for

Lær af tusindvis andre der har arbejdet med programmet. Se denne VIDEO hvis du har brug for hjælp til at få startet.

Dagens vigtigste diskussioner

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Medlemsgruppe rygning

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

logo

Creating a stress plan

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Medlemsgruppe angst

logo

How to help a loved one with Depression

2024-07-03 4:49 PM

Medlemsgruppe depression

Denne måneds Førende:

Mest Hjælpsomme

Fik flest Hjerter

Browse gennem 411.764 emner i 47.064 indlæg

161.037 medlemmer

Velkommen til vores nye medlemmer: SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning, Suder47, JJuarbe

I tried so hard and failed

for 17 år siden 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK, I'm back. Trying again, I'm sorry for my last post. It didn't anger me as much as it did scare me that you are taking your quit too lightly. You came here and was honest about what happened. I commend you for that. I appologize for my last post. I didn't say what I wanted to say and it definitely didn't come out right. Here's the thing though. I have been where you are and I understand wanting to take a break from the quit for a while... but the fact of the matter is that it's just not possible. If you take a break once, what's to stop you from taking a break again? Or how about everyday? That's how my last quit before this one ended. I did great for about a month - not one cigarette! Then, New Year's Eve, I went out with my friend and the place we ended up going was ALL couples... and we were the ONLY single people there! We both felt so dumb! Well, whenever I felt awkward or out of place before, I would smoke to make the awkwardness go away... so I did. And every once in a while for the next 2 months, I would have "just one or two" when I really needed them... and then, after about 2 months, I was right back to where I had been before and was smoking over a pack a day. It's THAT easy! And it doesn't happen overnight either. You could have smoked yesterday and not smoke today, but that doesn't mean that your quit isn't still possibly in trouble. It's VERY hard to start over after a slip... especially if you don't view it as starting over. You have nicotine in your system now. You are under the junkie's control. Sure, a full relapse might not happen this week, or even in the next month... but if you keep "taking breaks on your terms" whenever you feel like you "need one," then you'll be RIGHT back to where you were before! I promise! Been there, done that! I'm speaking from total experience here and I just don't want to see you make the same mistake. I do really hope that you stick around here and keep quitting. If you don't already have a list of reasons for quitting, I suggest you make one and read it and then re-read it and then read it again! There is NO good in smoking! Again, I appologize for my last post. I wasn't mad at you... I was scared for you. It was written out of concern, and not anger. Crav
for 17 år siden 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there tryagain, I'm sorry that this has been so very difficult. I understand how you must have felt before and then after. It is tough; however if you can muster up the fortitute and keep it for a while longer, you can do this. Try your very best to forget about smoking. Take yourself out of your smoking environment as best as you can. Make changes, such as walk around the block in the opposite direction, drive with a bottle of water rather than a cig, talk on the phone in a different room, sit in a diffenent chair at home. I wish you strength. I'm sorry for some reactions. I was going to say you can quit. Just get over the hump, it become easier
for 17 år siden 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is much better. I woke up without the impossible craving. Yesterday, my son called and told me that my exes girlfriend had somehow and I don't know how, got ahold of the long gone and forgotten relatives in Texas and invited them to a Memorial Service that his friends were arranging. She invited them to stay at the house. How she could do that is beyond me, beyond my understanding. The house is closed and the locks have been changed. No one is staying at the house. I know these people. I've known them for 45 years. I was there through two family funerals and they are in a single word, vultures. They will sweep through and strip that house of anything they can carry. Since my ex had not communicated with these people for well over ten years, since his Aunt's funeral when they got in fistfights over who was taking flowers, I was not going to tell them, nor was my son. My ex didn't like them, didn't consider them his family and never invited them out to see him. Now there is a caravan of empty pick up trucks on their way all anticipating going back full. That was the straw that broke me. I went as long as I could, fought as hard as I could, and then I was wounded. The camel is back on track. I'm not giving up. I'm recovering from my smoking injury. I have had way too many benefits from not smoking to throw it all away. I made a little ceremony so I'd know just what I was doing and that it was really important and a monumental risk. I just had to do it. I just could not take it another second. Not another second. Believe me, I can tolerate a LOT, really a LOT. It just got way way way too much. I wonder, now that it's over, and it did not occur to me at the time, but now that it has occurred to me, I won't forget. How it would have felt to go outside and sit down with just the glass of wine and no cig????? That's what I should have done, try it out, take a test drive, see how it feels. Next time should it ever get this bad, I'll see how it goes.
for 17 år siden 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tryagain, You are back on track! Do not dwell on the past. Move ahead and create a game plan to overcome the cravings. The members within our online support groups have given you great advice. We look forward to hearing how you are coping today. Melanie _________________________ The SSC Support Team
for 17 år siden 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $201.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
for 17 år siden 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do this tryagain. I know you can, and u kow you can. Just go ahead, and tryagain as for your quit meter, thats your choice as far as I am concerned. Some of those here seem to leave it go through a slip, and others count every slip as a new start. Thats the boat I'm in, because I believe if you don't do something to remember your slip, you wont remember your lesson either. But whatever you choose.... Here for you.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,061 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $346.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
for 17 år siden 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tryagain. I know exactly what you are feeling. It's been like that for me - I'd be going fine and then things would get tough and I'd break down and have that one cigarette. Then I'd get right back onto the quit and do fine for days or weeks. But then that feeling would come and I'd have another slip. Then due to stress/anger/lack of commitment, I relapsed for a few weeks. Then quit again, did fine for 2-3 days (I'm on Chantix, so I don't really get much if any kick from the nicotine now, just the psychological stuff). Then lost my motivation for a few days. I've been reading and reading and trying to get myself motivated again. Finally I started reading all the notes I wrote to myself when I started this journey a few months back. That helped me see how far I've truly come ... and helped renew my motivation. I also started writing in my quit journal again, started with my reasons to not smoke and went on to things to do when cravings hit. By the time I finished I decided that right now is my new quit start and this time I am determined and truly motivated. BUT ... part of the problem I've had is that in the past, I gave in and let myself slip (and yes, each one was on "my terms", esp my temp relapses). Therefore I've never really learned to cope with getting past the really big urges that pop up, freq but not always when the pressure is on. That is the biggest pitfall you and I (and prob others) need to get past. Learning that having that cigarette is not the way to make the craving/pressure go away... succeeding in resisting it will EVENTUALLY make us stronger and handle it better. So here's to you and me. Let's stay smoke-free! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 66 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$119,915.64

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6421 Hours: 13

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

for 17 år siden 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try again Want you to read something: [quote] Don't give up. Sometimes when I smoked, I would be so depressed, I'd have a cigarette with the thought in my head that I didn't care whether I lived or died. Smoking was my act of "suicide". It was my act of saying to the world I don't care about you, I'm hiding behind this cigarette. [/quote] Your own words to someone else who has been struggling. You know, I have struggled with this over and over again, like you. I for the life of me can't recall your previous name, but I know we have gone through this together before. Am I right? So we are here again....why....because we want to quit smoking and this is the best place to get the support. You said it yourself....DON'T GIVE UP!!!!. Keep trying It is going to be sooooo worth it. I can feel it......I BELIEVE IT! You can do this. I know you can. Now dust yourself off, get up and do it again!!!!! No tryin. NOPE. It is the only way. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,568 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $897 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$331,390.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6044 Hours: 22

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

for 17 år siden 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tryagain, Each time you put nicotine back into your system, you are starting withdrawal all over again. Have you tried reading "the easy way to quit smoking"? It tells of the mind set we have as smokers. N.O.P.E. is the only way to quit my friend. Not one puff ever, no matter what. Life will always throw us curves and we have to be able to deal with them without lighting up. We all used the cigarettes as an escape from our struggles. That is no longer an option when we quit. Quitting is also a very mental thing. You have now given yourself permission to have just one. And the next time you want to escape you will remember that you had just one and you were fine so you will think you can do it again...and again... again.... Before you know it, It's just two, three, four get the picture? Don't be a slave to the addiction anymore. Each day is one day closer to never feeling the way you do right now again. You can only get there one day at a time and by trying other things for an escape until you find what works for you. It isn't easy but it can be done. Keep going! The meter doesn't matter, what matters is that you don't smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 636 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,728 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2226 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
for 17 år siden 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Tryagain That is exactly what you need to do "try again". You can do this, you can make it. We can help you over the hard bumps. Just get on here when it starts to get tough and by the time you stop reading, the bump will be gone. Works for me every time. We are with you. Keep Going!!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Læser dennne tråd: